Hifenac Mr Tablet
Hifenac-MR tablet is used for the symptomatic treatment of painful muscle spasms. It is used to reduce swelling and inflammation of joints and bones. Hifenac-MR tablet is a combination medicine containing aceclofenac, paracetamol and chlorzoxazone.
It works by inhibiting the release of chemicals prostaglandin, responsible for inflammatory reactions. Hifenac MR relaxes the muscles and blocks the transmission of pain signals to the brain from the site of pain. It is also used to relieve pain after operations and surgeries.
You should take a Hifenac-MR tablet as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken after meals to avoid stomach upset. Discuss existing medication, supplements and disease conditions, before starting Hifenac MR.
|You Save||₹13.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg) + Chlorzoxazone(500.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Muscles and joint pain|
|Side effects||Dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, weakness|
Uses of HIFENAC MR TABLET
Contraindications of HIFENAC MR TABLET
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol, chlorzoxazone or any ingredient of Hifenac-MR tablet.
- If you are experiencing bleeding from the stomach and intestine or have an active peptic ulcer.
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes or any other allergy.
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function.
- If you are pregnant or elderly (65 years of age or older).
Side effects of HIFENAC MR TABLET
- Liver problem
Precautions and Warnings of HIFENAC MR TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder.
- Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you are passing black tarry stools.
- You have asthma.
- You have Systemic lupus erththramoses (an autoimmune disorder).
- You are an alcoholic.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking Hifenac-MR tablet.
Directions for Use of HIFENAC MR TABLET
Storage and disposal of HIFENAC MR TABLET
- Store Hifenac-MR tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of HIFENAC MR TABLET
- Hifenac MR tablet is a pain-reducing medicine used to treat painful muscle cramps associated with musculoskeletal conditions. It is used to reduce swelling and inflammation of joints and bones. Do not take this medicine for any other condition than that prescribed by your doctor....
- Take it at the exact recommended dose. Do not exceed the stated dose. Taking more than the daily dose may cause serious liver problems or allergic reactions.
- Hifenac MR tablet is not recommended for use in children less than 10 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding before taking this medicine. Also, inform about your medical history, especially if you have heart or blood vessel-related disorders or gastrointestinal bleeding....
- Do not take any other paracetamol-containing products while taking Hifenac MR tablet.
- Dizziness, fatigue, weakness and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history or have an alcohol addiction.
Dosage of HIFENAC MR TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of HIFENAC MR TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Hifenac-MR tablet works by the combined action of its three components. Aceclofenac and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory property. ...
- Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant which works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness.
Interactions of HIFENAC MR TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Aceclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect
- Medicines like water pills can lead to kidney damage when taken along with it
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam
- Medicine used to treat gout-like Probenecid
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infections like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Hifenac-MR tablet to my newborn baby?
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking Hifenac-MR tablet?
Q: Can I take Hifenac-MR for a toothache?
Q: How do Hifenac-MR tablets work?
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Hifenac-MR?
Q: Can I stop taking Hifenac Mr when my pain is relieved?
Q: What is the difference between Hifenac Mr and Hifenac P?
Q: What is Hifenac-MR Tablet?
Q: Is Hifenac MR a muscle relaxant?
Q: How long does Hifenac take to work?
Q: Can we take Hifenac MR for headaches?
Q: What are the contents present in Hifenac MR?
Q: Can I use Hifenac MR tablet for nerve pain?
- CHLORZOXAZONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Bluecross Laboratories. Aceclofenac+Paracetamol+Chlorzoxazone. [Internet] 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]