Hhlite Cream 20gm
By HEGDE AND HEGDE PHARMACEUTICA LLP
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
HHLite cream is a combination medicine used in the treatment and prevention of moderate-to-severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin) to lighten the skin tone or appearance and senile lentigines (dark spots or age spots in older people due to exposure to the sun). It contains a combination of three medicines - mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone. Do not use it for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying for this medicine. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor.
Uses of Hhlite Cream 20gm
HHLite cream is used to treat moderate-to-severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin). It is used to lighten the skin tone or appearance, especially when there is dark pigmentation.
Contraindications of Hhlite Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone or any other ingredients of HHLite cream.
- If you have skin conditions such as eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need exposure to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
- If you have a skin tumour or a family history of skin tumour.
Side effects of Hhlite Cream 20gm
- Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin
- Skin sensitivity at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Hhlite Cream 20gm
Can I apply HHLite cream during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effects during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I apply HHLite cream while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of this medicine pass in breast milk and there are no establishments of its safety in breastfeeding women. Thus, it is not recommended to use if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied HHLite cream?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect your driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with HHLite cream?
It is unknown if components of this medicine interact with alcohol. However, you should avoid using alcohol as it can delay the body's response to infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You think rashes or infections have developed on the skin after using this medicine.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth or nose. If it occurs wipe or wash it off immediately.
- You should avoid being exposed to direct sunlight, after applying this cream, to reduce the chances of photosensitization (which means skin damage due to UV or sunlight). Try to use good sunscreen with at least SPF 15 and full clothes to avoid exposure.Read less
Mode of Action of Hhlite Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- HHLite cream contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by the combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels, which are dilated (widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response.Read less
Directions for Use of Hhlite Cream 20gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- If your eyes come in contact with this cream, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Hhlite Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this medicine with other medicines. However, as it contains a combination of mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone, any interactions which may be seen with these three components, when taken alone may occur with this combination.Read less
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.Read less
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction with HHLite cream.
Storage and disposal of Hhlite Cream 20gm
- Store this medicine in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Hhlite Cream 20gm
As this medicine is for external application only, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, then wipe out the excess medicine with tissue or cotton. Excessive use for a prolonged duration is not advisable as it can lead to hormonal issues.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of this medicine, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply with this cream to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use HHLite cream?
- Apply it gently as a thin film and rub or massage it thoroughly after applying until the cream absorbs into the skin.
- Exposure to the sun should be avoided and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent the sun's radiation from reaching your skin.
- Do not use this cream more than as advised by the doctor. This cream should not be used for a prolonged duration to avoid side effects such as skin thinning, irritation.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying HHLite cream?
- Do not apply anywhere near the eyes, nose, mouth or any infected or exposed surfaces.
- Do not occlude (applying a polythene film) after applying this cream or use it under bandages.
- Limit sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen while going out in the sun to avoid damage to the skin by radiations.
- You should cover the areas of skin where this medicine is applied when outdoors.
Q: What is melasma?
A: Melasma is a skin condition characterised by dark spots or pigmentation (excessive production of melanin) on the skin. It appears as greyish brown to brown patches on the face. It usually occurs on the face, involving cheeks, forehead, lower eyelids, upper lip and nose.
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
A: The exact cause of melasma is not known. Pregnancy, birth control pills, hormonal changes, exposure to sunlight (UV rays), hypothyroidism or a family history of melasma are believed to be some common triggers for melasma.
Q: Can I use this medicine for acne and pimples?
A: No, it does not have any action against acne and pimples and thus should not be used for treating such skin disorders.
Q: How does HHLite cream work?
A: HHLite cream works by reducing the formation of a pigment called melanin responsible for dark spots. It also helps in improving the spots on the skin and reduces swelling, redness and itching.
Q: Is this medicine good for the face?
- Yes, it is good for the skin of the face, which is the usual area affected by melasma.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Lookbrite [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [Internet]. [cited 27 April 2021]
- Drugs H. Mometasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Hydroquinone Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Drugs H. Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹39.9 (19% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Hydroquinone(2.0 %),Mometasone(0.1 %),Tretinoin(0.025 %)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved