Herperax Eye Oint 5gm
By MICRO LABS
5g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Herperax ointment is a medicated ointment that consists of acyclovir (anti-viral) used to treat eye infections caused by the Herpes simplex virus.
|You Save||₹9.81 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Acyclovir / Aciclovir(3.0 %)|
|Uses||Herpes zoster, chickenpox|
|Side effects||Hives, Rash, Pruritus, Blisters, Redness|
Check more medicines with composition as Acyclovir / Aciclovir(3.0 %)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Herperax Eye Oint 5gm
Uses of Herperax 3 %
- Eye infections due to Herpes simplex
Contraindications of Herperax 3 %
- Hypersensitivity to ths medication
Side effects of Herperax 3 %
- Burning Sensation
- Redness of eye
Precautions and Warnings of Herperax 3 %
Can I apply Herperax ointment during pregnancy?
The medication has been shown to pass the placenta. However, it is safe to use due to external application of Herperax ointment.
Can I use Herperax ointment during breastfeeding?
This medication passes through the breast milk. As the ointment is intended for eye use only it is safe to be used during the breastfeeding stage.
Can I drive if I have applied Herperax ointment?
The medication is generally safe to be applied. However, an allergic reaction may cause a disturbance while driving. If you feel itching or irritation, consult your doctor.
Can I consume alcohol after Herperax ointment?
No data is available for interaction between alcohol and this medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any allergies to acyclovir or other anti-viral medicines
Mode of Action of Herperax 3 %
How Does It Work?
Acyclovir in the Herperax ointment acts by incorporating itself into the viral DNA and inhibiting the viral replication.
Directions for Use of Herperax 3 %
The medication is intended to be used only on eye, the application should start from the lower eyelid. This medication may cause irritation for a moment, however if the irritation persists, clean your eye and consult your doctor immedatiely....
Storage and disposal of Herperax 3 %
- Store below 30° C
- Keep away from moisture
- Keep away from children
Dosage of Herperax 3 %
Overdosing can cause irritation or itching; hence use it in the quantity specified by your doctor.
Missed a Dose
Apply the ointment in the duration and dose only. If the dose timing is missed, apply it whenever you remember the dose. Do not try to use excess ointment to make up for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How many times do I have to apply Herperax ointment?
A: The frequency of application is based on your clinical condition and infection. Consult your doctor for the dosage regimen.
Q: What other precautions can I take while using Herperax ointment?
A: Apply only after cleaning your hands. Do not apply when you are planning to go out or wearing contact lenses. Apply as directed by your doctor.
Q: When can I see the effect of ointment?
A: The effect can be seen within three days of application, if your symptoms are still present, consult your doctor.
- Acyclovir. Drug information. MedlinePlus. [Internet] medlineplus.gov. [cited on 10 March 2022] Available from : https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a681045.html
- Zorivax (acyclovir). [Internet] Acessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022] Available from:https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2005/018828s030,020089s019,019909s020lbl.pdf
- Acyclovir ointment. Drug Label Information. National Library of Medicine. [Internet] dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. [cited on March 10 2022] Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=ce3d5e8b-9401-40be-8ce7-4ea42113f4ab#:~:text=Drug%20Label%20Information&text=ointment%205%20...-,Acyclovir%20ointment%2C%20USP%20is%20a%20synthetic%20nucleoside%20analogue%20active%20against,polyethylene%20glycol%20(PEG)%20base.
- Acyclovir. Drug Database. Drug Information. Clinicalinfo HIV. [Internet] clinicalinfo.hiv.gov. [cited on 10 March 2022] Available from : https://clinicalinfo.hiv.gov/en/drugs/acyclovir/patient
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.