Hepitec 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Hepitec 100 MG Description
Hepitec Tablet is an antiviral medicine. It is used to treat HIV and hepatitis B viral infection along with other antiviral medications. Hepitec contains Lamivudine as an active ingredient. This medi
cine acts by decreasing the amount of hepatitis B and HIV virus in the blood by inhibiting the growth and development of the virus. Take Hepitec as advised by your doctor. You should take this medicine at the same time every day for better results. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Uses of Hepitec 100 MG
Contraindications of Hepitec 100 MG
Side effects of Hepitec 100 MG
- Increased liver enzyme
- Muscle ache
- Muscle cramp
Precautions and Warnings of Hepitec 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have elevated liver enzymes, as during or discontinuing Hepitec may exacerbate hepatitis.
- You have any other liver diseases.
- You are on any other immunosuppressive medicine therapy.
- You have Hepatitis C.
- You are resistant to Lamivudine or you are taking another medicine containing Lamivudine.
- You have inflammation of the pancreas.
Mode of Action of Hepitec 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hepitec 100 MG
- Hepitec Tablet is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Hepitec 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Hepitec Tablet works or Hepitec itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking antacids, antibiotics, antiviral or sorbitol.
Storage and disposal of Hepitec 100 MG
- Store Hepitec Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Hepitec 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Hepitec Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Is Hepitec an antibiotic?
- LAMIVIR Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Lamivudine 100 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Lamivudine 100 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]