Hcqs 400mg Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
HCQS 400 mg tablet is used to treat immune system disorders such as Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. It contains Hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. HCQS 400 mg tablet should be taken as per the directions given by the doctor and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after a meal or with a glass of milk. Do not stop taking HCQS 400 mg tablet abruptly. The common side effects of this medicine are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and dizziness. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, then immediately contact your doctor.
Uses of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
- HCQS 400 mg tablet is used in the treatment of Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its body tissues, Rheumatoid arthritis (Swelling and Pain in Joints) and skin rash due to sun exposure.read less
Contraindications of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
- Do not use HCQS 400 mg tablet if you are allergic to Hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not use it if you are allergic to chloroquine.
- Do not use it if you are suffering from an eye disease called maculopathy, usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
- Rashes on the Skin
- Pigmentation on the skin
- Blurred vision, unable to recognise colours and other eye disorders. If this happens, immediately stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor
- Sudden severe fall in blood glucose, one may experience anxiety, sweating, hunger pangs, headaches, irritability or fainting
Precautions and Warnings of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
Can I take HCQS 400 mg tablet during pregnancy?
HCQS 400 mg tablets may cause harmful effects in unborn babies. Therefore, it is not recommended during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before starting any medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take HCQS 400 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Hydroxychloroquine passes in human milk. Women taking HCQS 400 mg tablets should not breastfeed as newborns are very sensitive to the harmful effects of this medicine. It is essential to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed HCQS 400 mg tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, impaired ability to recognise objects properly & dizziness while on treatment with HCQS 400 mg tablet. Hence, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with HCQS 400 mg tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking HCQS 400 mg tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience visual disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- You may experience abnormal or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you already have heart disease.
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You have a stomach disease.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop rashes after taking this medicine.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment. You should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
Mode of Action of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
HCQS 400 mg tablet has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory action. It inhibits the action of chemicals such as prostaglandin, interleukins and other immune system modifying cells and enzymes. Therefore, it relieves pain and swelling in autoimmune diseases.
Directions for Use of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
- HCQS 400 mg tablets should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Consume it whole with a glass of water after a meal.
- Do not break, cut, or chew the tablet.
- This medicine should be preferably consumed at the same time every day.
- It should not be taken more than what your doctor has prescribed.
Interactions of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines like Digoxin for heart disorders with HCQS 400 mg tablets can increase the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform your doctor about all your diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with HCQS 400 mg tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Amiodarone, Moxifloxacin & Halofantrine.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you take this medicine along with antimalarials like Mefloquine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle weakness like Neostigmine & Pyridostigmine, medicines to treat worm infections like Praziquantel, Cimetidine and Gentamicin may not work properly.
- Medicines like Cyclosporin used or immune system disorders, Agalsidase and medicines used to treat fits should be used with caution along with HCQS 400mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
- Store HCQS 400 mg tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Hcqs 400mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose are headache, eyesight problems, low blood pressure, fits, irregular heartbeats, heart problems, difficulty in breathing and sometimes even heart attack.
- If you experience any of these symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of HCQS 400 mg tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose, as it may interfere with the effect of this medicine. If you missed any dose of HCQS 400 mg tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take HCQS 400 mg tablet on my own?
A: No, HCQS 400 mg tablet are to be taken if prescribed by your doctor. Taking this medicine through self-medication can lead to harm. Before giving this medicine, your doctor shall perform an ECG to check if you have any heart ailment. Your doctor will also look at your other existing disorders, medicines and adjust the dose accordingly.
Q: Are there any serious side effects of the HCQS 400 mg tablet?
- Yes, there are some serious side effects of the HCQS 400 mg tablet. It can cause a very severe drop in blood sugar, which can be dangerous. It can cause heart-related side effects, which can be serious. It can cause skin peeling, blistering known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome. It can cause anaemia, low platelet count and liver enzymes being raised.read less
Q: What is the HCQS 400 mg tablet?
- HCQS 400 mg tablet contains Hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its body tissues. It is also used to treat Rheumatoid arthritis.read less
Q: Is HCQS 400 mg tablet habit-forming?
- No, HCQS 400 mg tablet has not shown any habit-forming tendencies.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the HCQS 400 mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have skin, stomach, liver, or kidney disease and medical conditions.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to have a baby.
- HCQS 400 mg tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved