Habiccor S Oint
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Habiccor S Ointment is a topical medicine used for the management of plaque psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that causes red, itchy, scaly patches, most commonly seen on the elbows, trunk, knees, and scalp. This medication is available as an ointment to apply topically on the skin. Habiccor S Ointment contains Salicylic Acid and Halobetasol/Ulobetasol as their active ingredients. This combination of medicine works by reducing the production of chemical transmitters responsible for swelling and itching. Habiccor S Ointment is to be applied exactly as suggested by the physician. It is available as an ointment/cream. Avoid contact with medicine on your eyes, nose and mouth. The physician should be consulted immediately if the patient experiences any side effects, the condition worsens or in case of allergic side effects. The medicine should be continued for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to follow the complete course of treatment; otherwise, your symptoms could reappear. Inform your doctor about all your current prescription medicines and pre-existing medical illnesses....
|You Save||₹37.76 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Salicylic Acid(3.0 %),Halobetasol / Ulobetasol(0.05 %)|
|Uses||Management of Plaque Psoriasis.|
|Side effects||Burning, Itching, Irritation, Redness, or Dryness of the Skin, Allergic Reactions; Burning Sensation at the site of application, Change in Skin Colour.|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Salicylic Acid(3.0 %) + Halobetasol / Ulobetasol(0.05 %)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Habiccor S Oint
Uses of Habiccor S Oint
- As per CDSCO, Habiccor S Ointment is used to provide relief in plaque psoriasis.
Contraindications of Habiccor S Oint
- If you are allergic to any component of the Habiccor S Ointment, i.e. Salicylic Acid and Halobetasol.
- If you have Cushing's syndrome.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Habiccor S Oint
- Burning, Itching, Irritation, Redness, or Dryness of the Skin.
- Allergic Reactions
- Burning Sensation at the site of application.
- Change in Skin Colour.
Precautions and Warnings of Habiccor S Oint
Can I take Habiccor S Ointment during pregnancy?
Habiccor S Ointment is not recommended for use in pregnant women as there is not enough information available to understand its safety in pregnant women. You must consult your doctor before using this ointment.
Can I take Habiccor S Ointment while breastfeeding?
Using Habiccor S Ointment while breastfeeding may be unsafe since this medicine can be absorbed via the skin and get excreted in breast milk. You must seek medical consultation to decide whether to discontinue nursing or Habiccor S Ointment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Habiccor S Ointment?
There are limited studies to explain the effects of Habiccor S Ointment while driving. Please talk to your doctor for more information.
Can I consume alcohol with Habiccor S Ointment?
Avoid consuming alcohol with Habiccor S Ointment, as it may worsen the symptoms you are taking and decrease the effects of Habiccor S Ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Habiccor S Ointment.
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Habiccor S Oint
How Does It Work?
Halobetasol belongs to the topical corticosteroid class of medicine. It has anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive and anti-mitogenic properties. Habiccor S Ointment contains Salicylic Acid (3%) and Halobetasol/Ulobetasol (0.05%) as their active ingredients. Salicylic acid belongs to the keratolytic class of medications. Topical salicylic acid helps manage psoriasis by softening and loosening dry, scaly, or thickened skin so that it falls off or can be removed easily. It blocks the production of prostaglandins (chemical messengers) responsible for making skin red, swollen and itchy. It inhibits late phase allergic reactions by inhibiting the metabolism of arachidonic acid, and blocks the production of prostaglandins....
Directions for Use of Habiccor S Oint
- Habiccor S Ointment is for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of Habiccor S Ointment over the affected area or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Apply Habiccor S Ointment onto the infected area only.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
- Until your doctor advises, there is no need to use a dressing or bandage.
- Wash your hands before and after the application of Habiccor S Ointment.
- Avoid application of Habiccor S Ointment on damaged or broken skin
Interactions of Habiccor S Oint
Interactions with other medicines
- Talk to your doctor about what prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, and nutritional supplements you’re taking or plan to take as there is a chance of medicine interaction. Other medicines can interact with Habiccor S Ointment, making it less effective or increasing side effects....
Storage and disposal of Habiccor S Oint
Store Habiccor S Ointment cream at room temperature below 25℃. Store it in an airtight container, away from the reach of children and pets. Keep the Habiccor S Ointment away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Do not throw away the cream with household waste. Dispose of the expired/unused medicine immediately as biomedical waste. Do not use Habiccor S Ointment after the expiry date which is stated on the label....
Dosage of Habiccor S Oint
Do not apply Habiccor S Ointment in more than prescribed doses. Generally, there is a lesser risk of acute intoxication with this medicine. If someone swallows it or experiences any adverse effects, seek emergency medical treatment and contact your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, apply the Habiccor S Ointment just when you remember. Try to adhere and follow the doctor's advice properly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I apply more Habiccor S Ointment at once to relieve my symptoms quickly?
A: Application of Habiccor S Ointment in large quantities is not advisable. It may get absorbed into the body and worsen your condition or lead to adverse effects.
Q: Can I discontinue applying Habiccor S Ointment on my own after I see improvement in my skin condition?
A: No, you should never stop taking Habiccor S Ointment without consulting your doctor. Abrupt stoppage of Habiccor S Ointment can lead to recurrence of psoriatic symptoms.
Q: Is Habiccor S Ointment safe for children?
A: Habiccor S Ointment is not recommended for children below 12 years because its safety is not well established.
- Drugs H. Halobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
- Awad N, Preuss C. Halobetasol Cream [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Salicylic Acid Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.