Glimmy 1mg Tab
By ROSCH ELMER PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glimmy Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glimepiride as its active ingredient. It is used for lowering the blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise alone are not able to control your blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilises sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar that can further lead to serious health conditions. Glimmy Tablet it works by increasing the amount of insulin produced in the body and thus lowering elevated blood sugar. Take Glimmy Tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹9.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Type-II Diabetes Mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, headache, weight gain, hypoglycaemia|
Check more medicines with composition as Glimepiride(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Glimmy 1 MG
Glimmy Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet and exercise fail to control your blood sugar levels.
Contraindications of Glimmy 1 MG
- If you have an allergy to glimepiride or sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Glimmy Tablet.
- If you have type1 diabetes.
- If you have the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Glimmy 1 MG
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Glimmy 1 MG
Can I take Glimmy Tablet during pregnancy?
Glimmy Tablets should not be used during pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby, your doctor may switch to insulin therapy.
Can I take Glimmy Tablet while breastfeeding?
Glimepiride may pass into breast milk and should not be taken during breastfeeding. If you are on Glimmy Tablet (prescribed by a physician), then monitor your breastfed baby for signs of low blood glucose levels such as irritation, sleepiness, poor feeding, fits, low body temperature.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glimmy Tablet?
- Glimmy Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving and in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios....
Can I consume alcohol with Glimmy Tablet?
Be cautious not to drink alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice....
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Glimmy 1 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells then use it as fuel for energy. In type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream....
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Glimmy 1 MG
- Glimmy Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glimmy 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glimmy Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- These medicines along with Glimmy Tablet can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose levels: fluconazole, aspirin, antidiabetic medicines like metformin, insulin, warfarin, ramipril, lisinopril, allopurinol....
- These medicines can interfere with Glimmy Tablet and cause an increase in blood glucose: oestrogens, progestogens, diuretics, levothyroxine, rifampicin, glucocorticoids, chlorpromazine.
Storage and disposal of Glimmy 1 MG
- Store at room temperature in a original package
- Keep our of the reach of childrens and pets
Dosage of Glimmy 1 MG
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, and sleepiness. Immediately consume some sugar or sugar-containing drink. If the person has fainted, do not give food or drink. You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose with Glimmy Tablet....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Glimmy Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Glimmy Tablet?
A: Glimmy Tablet is an antidiabetic medicine and needs to be taken for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own without informing your doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Glimmy Tablet?
A: Side effects associated with this medicine are nausea, dizziness, headache and weight gain. In case side effects do not resolve on their own, do not stop taking Glimmy Tablet without informing your doctor.
- Glimcip tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 May 2021]
- AZULIX Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.