Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets Description
Glimestar-M1 Forte tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It helps to manage blood sugar levels and prevent related complications. It is a combination medicine containing glimepiride and metformin. You
are also advised to keep a regular check on your blood sugar levels. You may also experience a headache, change in taste, nausea, diarrhoea and stomach pain. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹27.22 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(1.0 G) + Glimepiride(1.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, altered taste|
- Gluconorm G 1mg Forte Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 194.30₹ 165.15₹ 11.01/Tablet
- Glycomet Gp1 Forte TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.50₹ 73.52₹ 7.35/Tablet
- Amaryl M Forte 1mg Tablet 15'sBy Sanofi15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 211.30₹ 179.60₹ 11.97/Tablet
- Zoryl M1 Forte Tablets 15'sBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 172.00₹ 146.20₹ 9.75/Tablet
- Geminor M 1mg Forte Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 137.50₹ 116.87₹ 7.79/Tablet
- Glimiprex Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.05₹ 62.09₹ 6.21/Tablet
- Isryl M 1 Forte Tablets 15'sBy Systopic Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.75₹ 4.25/Tablet
- Gepride M 1mg Forte Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 92.00₹ 78.20₹ 7.82/Tablet
- Glyciphage G1 Forte TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.50₹ 76.07₹ 7.61/Tablet
- Glimison M 1mg Forte Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 43.30₹ 43.30₹ 4.33/Tablet
Uses of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
Contraindications of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredients of the Glimestar-M1 Forte tablet.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure, the recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Low blood sugar level which can cause a headache, sweating, nausea, mood disorders and restlessness.
Precautions and Warnings of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
- It is advisable not to use this medicine during pregnancy as this medicine may harm your unborn baby.
- If you have diabetes and happen to be pregnant, your doctor may shift you from this medicine to insulin injections
- Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
- It can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works.
- Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have serious kidney and liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
How Does It Work?
- This combination is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone Glimiperide lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from the pancreas....
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and the production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
Interactions of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Glimestar-M1 Forte tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how the Glimestar-M1 Forte tablet works if taken at the same time.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, anti-hypertensive medicine like captopril, steroids, cholesterol-lowering medicines, medicines related to mood disorder, immunosuppressants, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, antibiotics like clarithromycin, ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pills, Anti-epileptic medicine like phenytoin, anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, medicines for constipation and medicines for thyroid disorders....
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pills, Enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
- Store it at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Glimestar M1 Forte Tablets
- An overdose of this medicine may lead to severe hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis (Excessive lactic acid build-up) & low blood sugar. This can result in headaches, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness, etc....
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, the fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed taking any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking a double dose.
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose....
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: What are the signs of hypoglycaemia?
- Hypoglycaemia is a condition of low blood sugar levels. This is typically characterised by symptoms like light-headedness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, tremors, shakiness and sweating. If the condition is severe, it is recommended to visit your nearest doctor or hospital immediately. Always carry a sugar candy along with you to balance your sugar levels....
- Amaryl M 1mg [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 Aug 2021]
- Glucophage 500 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Hormones and Related Drugs: 234-335.
Other Products from this Brand
- Glimestar M 1 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glimestar M 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glimestar Pm 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glimestar 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glimestar 1 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glimestar M 2 Mg Forte Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Glimestar Pm 1 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glimestar M 1 Mg Forte Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Glimestar M 3 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glimestar M 4 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets