Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Gemer DS 1 tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients. Gemer DS 1 tablet is used to manage blood sugar levels in type 2 diabet
es when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it or have type 1 diabetes. Take it in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Along with Gemer DS 1 tablet, it is beneficial to maintain a healthy lifestyle with exercise and dietary modifications for adequate control of your blood sugar levels.
|You Save||₹16.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(1.0 G) + Glimepiride(1.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(1.0 G) + Glimepiride(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gemer DS 1 tablet is used for effective management of blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes patients when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective.
Contraindications of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride, or any of the ingredients of Gemer DS 1 tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulfonylureas or other sulfonamides. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have kidney or liver disorders.
- If you are undergoing dialysis.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma or coma.
Side effects of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Gemer DS 1 tablet during pregnancy?
- The use of Gemer DS 1 tablet during pregnancy is not recommended. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Gemer DS 1 tablet while breastfeeding?
- Avoid Gemer DS 1 tablet if you are a breastfeeding mother as the components of this medicine may pass into human breast milk. Consult the doctor before using medication during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gemer DS 1 tablet?
- There is limited information on the effect of Gemer DS 1 tablet on driving ability. In case you experience any symptoms of low blood sugar levels like dizziness, drowsiness, vision disturbances, and sweating, stop driving and have sugar/ juice. Avoid consuming sugar-free during such episodes....
Can I consume alcohol with Gemer DS 1 tablet?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with Gemer DS 1 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness, or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness, and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting, or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight.
Mode of Action of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Gemer DS 1 tablet contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients.
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas. Insulin helps to move sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and the production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, thereby reducing blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Preferably take it with meals.
- It would be best if you take it at the same time every day for optimal results.
- Avoid consuming more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Gemer DS 1 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements, or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like insulin, pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like captopril), steroids, chloramphenicol, fenfluramine, fenyramidol, medicines to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines to manage depression (fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like coumarins, cyclophosphamide, miconazole, probenecid, antibiotics like clarithromycin, doxycycline, ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, acetazolamide, water pill, phenytoin, rifampicin, medicines for constipation, and medicines for thyroid disorders.
- Medicines like anti-allergics (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine, and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar....
- Medicines like diclofenac, ibuprofen, water pill, and enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid disorders can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Gemer DS 1 tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Protect it from moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gemer Ds 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Gemer DS 1 tablet may lead to severely low blood sugar levels and lactic acidosis. This can result in headaches, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, confusion, and dizziness....
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Gemer DS 1 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mahesh Muthe
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow if I am diabetic?
- A diet should be high in fibre, and low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), and very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, and vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach, and taking a double dose of the medicine.
- If you are taking any other medicines, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of low blood sugar like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness, or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose....
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: What is Gemer DS 1 used for?
A: Gemer DS 1 tablet is used for effective management of blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes patients when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective.
Q: What does Gemer DS 1 contain?
A: Gemer DS 1 tablet contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed