Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet is used to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of Glimepiride and Metformin. It helps to lower blood sugar levels adequ
ately. This medicine should be taken as per the directions and duration prescribed by your doctor. It should be taken after food. Do not miss any dose or abruptly stop taking the Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet without informing your doctor as it may lead to high blood sugar levels....
Uses of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone is not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately.
Contraindications of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure, a recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
Side effects of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
- Lowering of blood sugar levels
- Stomach pain
- High blood pressure
- Rashes and itching on the skin.
- Temporary visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
Can I take Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet during pregnancy?
It is advisable not to use the Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet during pregnancy as it may harm your unborn baby. If you have diabetes and happen to be pregnant, your doctor may shift you from this medicine to insulin injections. Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
Can I take Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed during the treatment with the Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet as it may harm the baby. Consult your doctor for more information on the use of this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet?
- Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
Can I consume alcohol with Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet, as alcohol alters the way this medicine works.
- Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness after taking Glycomet-GP 1 Forte. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose....Read more
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have serious kidney and liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
How Does It Work?
- The combination of Glimepiride and Metformin in Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone Glimiperide lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from the pancreas....Read more
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and the production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not chew, cut or break the tablet. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optim
al results and should not consume it more than what your doctor has prescribed....
Interactions of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet and other Anti-diabetic medicines or medicines for high blood pressure can result in lowering of blood sugar levels.
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pill, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disorders....Read more
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar....Read more
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pill, Enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid can affect the way this tablet works.
Storage and disposal of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
- Store Glycomet GP 1 Forte tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glycomet Gp1 Forte Tab
An overdose of the Glycomet GP 1 Forte tablets may lead to severe hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis (Excessive lactic acid build-up) & (low blood sugar). This can result in headaches, nausea, vomiting,
sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness, etc. If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy). Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours....
Missed a Dose
A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc. If you have missed
taking any dose of the Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of diet should I follow while on treatment with the Glycomet-GP 1 Forte?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking a double dose.
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose....Read more
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of Glycomet-GP 1 Forte tablet.
Q: What is Glycomet GP 1 Forte tablet?
A: Glycomet GP 1 Forte tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing two medicines - Glimepiride and Metformin. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when patients cannot control their blood sugar levels adequately with diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone.
Q: How to take Glycomet GP 1 Forte tablet?
A: You should take Glycomet GP 1 Forte tablet as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
Q: What is the difference between Glycomet GP 1 and Glycomet GP 2?
A: Glycomet GP 1 tablet contains a combination of Glimepiride and Metformin and is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone are not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately. Glycomet GP 2 also contains Glimepiride and Metformin. The only difference between these two medicines is that Glycomet GP 2 contains a higher amount of Glimepiride. You should only take medicine prescribed by your doctor as the same shall be based on your diagnosis, medical history and test results.
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved