Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Gemer 1 tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glimepiride and metformin as its active ingredient. This combination medicine is primarily indicated for type 2 diabetes when blood sugar levels
(hyperglycemia) cannot be controlled by diet, exercise or a single medicine alone. Diabetes is a condition where blood sugar levels are too high. Tab Gemer is used to lower the raised blood sugar level. It is advised to take this medicine as per your prescription, preferably after meals, usually the first meal of the day. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age, also in pregnant and nursing women. This medicine can result in an increased blood sugar level and its complications when it is not been taken regularly and stopped suddenly. Side effects of this medicine are low blood sugar levels, taste disturbances, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea. If it worsens, reach out to the nearest clinic or hospital. Practising a healthy lifestyle along with this medicine will help you get faster control over blood sugar levels. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Gemer 1 tablet.
- Glador M1 Tablets 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.40₹ 157.59₹
- Apriglim M1 Tablet 15'sBy Aprica Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.89₹ 122.89₹
- Glimestar M 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.90₹ 59.41₹
- Laformin G 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 66.00₹
- K Glim M1 Tablets 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.00₹ 47.60₹
- Glimy M1 Tablets 15`sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.75₹ 136.64₹
- Glyciphage G1 Tablets 10'sBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.25₹
- Glimisave M1 Tablets 15'sBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 134.44₹ 114.27₹
- Gliplite M 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Deepkamal Health Services Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.75₹
- Duopil 1/500mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.00₹ 56.95₹
Uses of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredients of Gemer 1 tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have or had a heart or lung failure, recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Gemer 1 tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
- It is not advisable to consume alcohol during treatment with Gemer 1 tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause serious complications known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves an injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have serious kidney and liver problems.
- You have thyroid disorders.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Gemer 1 tablet is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone. Glimiperide lowers the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas....
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), Steroids, Chloramphenicol, Fenfluramine, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicine to treat depression (Fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like Coumarins, Cyclophosphamide, Miconazole, Probenecid, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, Ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking Oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, Water pills, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disorders....
- Medicines like an anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar....
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pills, Enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid can affect the way this medicine works.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Gemer 1 tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gemer 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of Gemer 1 tablet may lead to severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid build-up).
- This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness, etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fats with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry a fruit or some low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking a double dose.
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose....
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: When should I take the Gemer 1 tablet?
Q: What is the use of Gemer 1 tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Gemer 1?
Q: Can I stop taking Gemer 1 if my blood sugar level comes in control?
Q: Is Gemer 1 tablet safe?
Q: Can the Gemer 1 cause stomach upset?
Q: What are the side effects of Gemer?
Q: What is the dose o Gemer 1?
- Amaryl M Tablet (Metformin Hydrochloride Prolonged Release & Glimepiride Tablets I.P.)) [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDSCO - Glimepiride-Metformin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Metformin 500 mg film coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Metformin 500 mg film coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]