Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By NOVARTIS HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet is an anti-diabetic that contains vildagliptin and metformin as active ingredients. Galvus Met 50mg/500mg is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet, exercise and
vildagliptin or metformin alone are not effective. Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to it or are a type 1 diabetes patient. Take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. Avoid missing a dose or consume it more than that prescribed. Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in increased blood sugar levels and complications such as harm to legs, eyesight, kidney and increase risk of infection. Thus, maintaining a healthy lifestyle by including exercise as well as dietary changes along with this medicine can help control your blood sugar levels....
Uses of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when vildagliptin or metformin alone, along with diet and exercise, are ineffective in controlling blood sugar.
Contraindications of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to vildagliptin or metformin or other ingredients of Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet.
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss, lactic acidosis (symptoms include stomach pain, fast or rapid breathing, sleepiness).
- If you are in a diabetic coma due to a sudden rise or drop in blood sugar level.
- If you are an alcoholic or consume alcohol in excess regularly.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver disorder, heart disease, type 1 diabetes, etc.
- If you have infection or dehydration.
- If you are undergoing surgery or stress.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Trembling of hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy as there is little information about its safety during pregnancy. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting the medicine.
Can I take Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid while breastfeeding as its components are known to pass into breastmilk. Consult the doctor before using medication during breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet?
Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which impairs the driving ability. Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in the car while driving. In case you experience the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, vision disturbances and sweating, stop driving and have sugar/ juice. Avoid consuming sugar-free at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet?
Alcohol lowers blood sugar, which is dangerous. Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from problems with the liver or kidneys.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes.
- You have some infections.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You suffer from heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You develop symptoms of lactic acidosis like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, fatigue, difficulty breathing.
- You notice symptoms like dehydration, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever.
- You have an irregular diet, habit of excessive alcohol intake, intense muscular movement.
- Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet works by the combined action of both the components - metformin and vildagliptin. It decreases the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of su
gar created by the liver and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells....
Directions for Use of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- It must be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It must be taken with or after having the meal. It would be best if you take it at the same time every day for optimal results.
- Avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet works or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are using other antidiabetic medicines, anti-hypertensive or heart medicine, painkillers, medicine for respiratory problems, etc.
Storage and disposal of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store at a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Avoid using expired medicines. Discard unused medicine properly. Avoid flushing i
nto a toilet or throwing it into the drain....
Dosage of Galvus Met 50/500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
In the case of overdose, lactic acidosis may occur (symptoms include stomach discomfort, decreased appetite, diarrhoea, fast or shallow breathing, muscle pain or cramps, sleepiness, tiredness, weaknes
s). Seek medical care if you the symptoms or suspect an overdose with Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avo
id taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet?
A: Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus when Vildagliptin or Metformin alone, along with diet and exercise are ineffective in controlling the blood sugar.
Q: How to take Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet?
A: Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It must be taken with or after having the meal.
Q: What diet I must follow?
- A diet must be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet must include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water.
- Take fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What are other lifestyle modifications I must follow to manage diabetes?
- The disease is cured completely. You can control it. Here are a few simple tips to control diabetes.
- Plan the diet, consume a balanced diet.
- Limit carbohydrate and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly.
- Monitor the blood glucose.
- Take the medicines on time and for the prescribed duration.
Q: What I must avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid shopping when you are hungry. You end up buying oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid using maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid using cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: Can I stop taking Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet?
A: No, you should never stop taking the Galvus Met 50mg/500mg tablet without consulting your doctor. Abruptly stopping the medicine can result in a sudden rise in blood glucose levels and cause further harm to the kidney and other organs.
- Eucreas 50 mg/1000 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Eucreas 50 mg/1000 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Jul 2021 | 11:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved