Gacin 400mg Tablets
Gacin 400mg Tablets Description
Gacin 400mg Tablets is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, sinus, urinary tract (UTI) and certain sexually transmitted diseases also. It contains gatiflo
xacin as its active ingredient that belongs to a group of medicines called fluoroquinolones antibiotics. It is important to inform the doctor if you have allergies related to gatifloxacin or antibiotic usage. Gacin 400mg Tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Gacin 400mg Tablets .
Uses of Gacin 400mg Tablets
Contraindications of Gacin 400mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to gatifloxacin or any other medicine belonging to the fluoroquinolones class or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history or currently have any kind of heart-related condition and you are taking medications for that. You must inform the doctor.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have a condition of hypokalemia (low blood potassium).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It is not recommended for use in children.
Side effects of Gacin 400mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gacin 400mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are not sure about the suspected bacterial infection, as it may increase the risk of
- the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays. While going out in the sun, cover the skin and apply sunscreen.
- You experience diarrhoea. Do not take anti-diarrheal medicine, without consulting a doctor.
- You experience any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Gacin 400mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gacin 400mg Tablets
- Gacin 400mg Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Gacin 400mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Gacin 400mg Tablets tablet works or Gacin 400mg Tablets tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines simultaneously such as anti-reflux medicine like cisapride, antipsychotic medicines, antibiotics like erythromycin, anti-depressants etc. As they can affect the heart....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are water pills such as furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide, antidiabetic medicines etc.
- Try to keep a gap of at least 4 hours if you are taking multivitamins and antacids during the treatment with Gacin 400mg Tablets. As these medications can interfere with the activity of Gacin 400mg Tablets....
Storage and disposal of Gacin 400mg Tablets
- Store Gacin 400mg Tablets at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Gacin 400mg Tablets
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, Gacin 400mg Tablets may cause vomiting, shakiness, fits etc. Contact your doctor immediately in case you experience any kind of unusual symptoms or rush to the nearest hospital....