Fungivin 500mg Tablets
Fungivin 500 MG Description
Fungivin Tablet is an anti-fungal medicine. It is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the skin, hair, scalp and nails. This medicine acts by inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing f
ngi, thus preventing the further spread of infection. Take Fungivin Tablet as advised by your doctor, at the prescribed dose and duration. It is recommended to take this medicine with food, as it improves the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Zorbax 500mg Tablets 10'sBy Innova Captab Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 137.00₹ 116.45₹ 11.65/Tablet
- Ecovin 500 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Brinton Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 138.00₹ 117.30₹ 11.73/Tablet
Uses of Fungivin 500 MG
Contraindications of Fungivin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to grisofulvin or any other ingredient of Fungivin Tablet.
- If you have any known blood-related disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have any liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of tissues known as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
Side effects of Fungivin 500 MG
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Fungivin 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are on diet, as this medicine should be taken with high-fat meals.
- You have known liver disease.
- You have any known medical conditions such as SLE.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight light for a longer duration.
- Maintain personal hygiene while on this medicine.
Mode of Action of Fungivin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fungivin 500 MG
- You should take this Tablet as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow Fungivin as a whole with a glass of water. Take this Tablet with meals for better results.
Interactions of Fungivin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Fungivin works, or Fungivin Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Fungivin 500 MG
- Store Fungivin Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fungivin 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Fungivin Tablet if my condition has improved?
Q: My partner had a fungal infection recently and was prescribed Fungivin Tablet, can we plan pregnancy now?
- Male partners are advised to avoid planning a child while on this medicine. You can plan pregnancy only after 6 months of completing the treatment.
- If you are a female, you should refrain for at least 1 month after taking this medicine.
- GRISOVIN- FP Tablet [Internet]. GSK-India. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Griseofulvin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Griseofulvin Tablets, USP (MICROSIZE) 250 mg and 500 mg Prescribing Information [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]