Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
4 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fungikem 200 MG Description
Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules contains Itraconazole, an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat fungal infections. It works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of fungal cells by inhib
iting the enzyme. Do not use it if you are allergic to Itraconazole, pregnant or breastfeeding. Nausea, rash, dizziness, abdominal pain are some side effects of this medicine. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹17.40 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Itraconazole(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Fungikem 200 MG
Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the vagina, nails, skin, mouth, eyes and other internal organs.
Contraindications of Fungikem 200 MG
- You are allergic to Itraconazole or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you are suffering from heart problems
- If you are pregnant or planning for a baby
Side effects of Fungikem 200 MG
- Abdominal Pain
- Tingling sensation
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Fungikem 200 MG
Can I take Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules during pregnancy?
- Itraconazole is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Itraconazole if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby, as this medicine may harm your baby.
- If you are taking Itraconazole, then use contraception through the treatment and at least for 2 months even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules while breastfeeding?
Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules?
You may experience dizziness, blurred or double vision, hearing loss while taking this medicine. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney problems
- You have or had heart problems like heart failure
- You experience shortness of breath, unexpected weight gain, swollen legs or stomach or tiredness. Stop taking this medicine as these may be signs of heart failure
Mode of Action of Fungikem 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme, thus the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane....
Directions for Use of Fungikem 200 MG
Take Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules as directed by your doctor. Take it with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Fungikem 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat tuberculosis like Rifabutin
- Antibiotics like Rifampicin
- Medicines used as anesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders, like Reboxetine
- Medicines for anxiety, like Alprazolam, Brotizolam, Buspirone
- Medicines to treat fits, like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine
- Medicines used to treat blood clots, like Cilostazol
- Medicines used to treat allergic reactions, like Budesonide, Dexamethasone, Fluticasone, Halofantrine, Methylprednisolone and Ebastine
- Medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection, like Sirolimus or Tacrolimus
- Medicines used for treating cancer, like Busulfan, Docetaxel, Trimetrexate, Vinca alkaloids
- Medicines for HIV Indinavir, Ritonavir and Saquinavir)
- Medicines to control diabetes, like Repaglinide
- Medicines for hay fever or allergy, like Terfenadine, Astemizole or Mizolastine
- Medicines to treat heart problems and are taking medicines like Quinidine, Dofetilide, Bepridil and Nisoldipine, Dihydropyridines, Verapamil, Digoxin, Disopyramide
- Medicines used for low cholesterol, like Atorvastatin, lovastatin or Simvastatin
- Medicines used for migraines or headaches, like Dihydroergotamine, Ergotamine, Eletriptan
- Medicines like Methylergometrine, Ergometrine that is used after giving birth
- Medicines used for anxiety, like Triazolam and Midazolam
Storage and disposal of Fungikem 200 MG
- Do not store this medicine above 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Fungikem 200 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine or experience any side effects contact your doctor immediately, or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Fungikem 200 Strip Of 4 Capsules?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- This medicine can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medicine?
A: Give a detailed account of your medical and surgical history. Also mention to your doctor all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking, before starting this medication.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed