Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets Description
Fungan Ds 250mg Tab is an anti-fungal medicine. It is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the skin, hair, scalp and nails. This medicine acts by inhibiting the growth of the infection-caus
ing fungi, thus preventing the further spread of infection. Take Fungan Ds 250mg Tab as advised by your doctor, at the prescribed dose and duration. It is recommended to take this medicine with food, as it improves the effectiveness of this medicine.
Uses of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
Contraindications of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to grisofulvin or any other ingredient of Fungan Ds 250mg Tab .
- If you have any known blood-related disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have any liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of tissues known as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
Side effects of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are on diet, as this medicine should be taken with high-fat meals.
- You have known liver disease.
- You have any known medical conditions such as SLE.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight light for a longer duration.
- Maintain personal hygiene while on this medicine.
Mode of Action of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
- You should take this as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow Fungan Ds 250mg Tab as a whole with a glass of water. Take this with meals for better results.
Interactions of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Fungan Ds 250mg Tab works, or Fungan Ds 250mg Tab itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
- Store Fungan Ds 250mg Tab at or below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fungan Ds 250mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Fungan Ds 250mg Tab if my condition has improved?
Q: My partner had a fungal infection recently and was prescribed Fungan Ds 250mg Tab , can we plan pregnancy now?
- Male partners are advised to avoid planning a child while on this medicine. You can plan pregnancy only after 6 months of completing the treatment.
- If you are a female, you should refrain for at least 1 month after taking this medicine.
- GRISOVIN- FP Tablet [Internet]. GSK-India. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Griseofulvin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Griseofulvin Tablets, USP (MICROSIZE) 250 mg and 500 mg Prescribing Information [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]