Fucidin 2%cream 10gm
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10g Cream in Tube
Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm is an antibiotic cream with a steroid in its composition. It is used to treat skin infections caused by bacteria specifically.
Uses of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
- Your doctor may prescribe Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm for sores on children's face (impetigo).
- Folliculitis (infected hair follicle) treatment can also be done using Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm.
- Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm can also be used for nail infections and barber's itch (sycosis barbae).
- Bacterial skin infections that cause browning of the skin or cause scaly patches can also be treated using this cream.
- Spots, cuts, grazes of skin inflammations which get infected by bacteria can be cured too.
Contraindications of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm dosage should not be used if you had allergic reactions on the previous usage or you have been diagnosed with an allergy to Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm composition.
Side effects of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
- Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm side-effects may include burning, irritation, rashes, reddening, itching or swelling at the site of application.
- You might also experience a stinging sensation sometimes.
- Hives and skin blistering are also possible side-effects.
Precautions and Warnings of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
Can I apply Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm during pregnancy?
Use of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm during pregnancy should only be done after consulting your healthcare provider. Enough data about the contraindications of the use of the cream is not yet available.
Can I apply Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm while breastfeeding?
Yes, you can apply the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm when you are lactating or breasfeeding. Make sure that you either do not apply it on your breasts or clean the cream off completely before feeding your baby. It should not get inside the mouth or eyes of the baby too.
Can I drive if I have applied Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm?
It is generally safe to drive after the application of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm. In rare case of dizziness followed by the application of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm?
Not enough data is available about the consumption of alcohol with the application of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm. Please ask your doctor if you wish to drink while on treatment with fucidin cream.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- It is important to know that the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm is meant for external application only. Please be careful while applying the cream on your or your's childs face. Do not let the product enter the mouth or the eyes.read less
- Use the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm only for the recommended amount of time and the recommended amounts only. Please do not continue using the cream after you have been cured of the infection.
Mode of Action of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
How Does It Work?
The Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm composition is known to stop the formation of proteins in the bacteria cell. Without protein formation, the growth of the bacteria stops, and the bacteria eventually dies.
Directions for Use of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
- Firstly, it is crucial that you wash your hands before applying the cream.
- Now, take a small amount of the cream on your hand and apply it on the affected area. Be gentle and spread a thin layer of the cream all over the infection.
- Make sure you wash your hands after the application also, to avoid the spread of infection to other areas.
- In case of infection on the hand, do not wash off the cream.
Interactions of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm is not known to react with any other drugs or medicines, though it is best to let your healthcare provider know about any medicines or herbal supplements you are using before you start your treatment with Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm.
Interactions with food items
Interactions or reactions with any types of food are not known or reported as yet.
Other general Interactions
Interactions or reactions with any other medical conditions are not known.
Storage and disposal of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm storage should be done in a cool and dark place. It should be kept away from moisture; therefore, storing it in your bathroom cabinet may not be the best idea. Make sure you keep it away from the reach of kids.
Dosage of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
An overdose of Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm with a single time excess application is not known yet. It is meant for external application only. Therefore, please do not let it enter your eyes or mouth.
Missed a Dose
A missed dose may be compensated by applying the cream whenever you remember. Please do not apply extra cream to make up for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I give my physician before I start using the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm?
A: It is necessary that you give all the details of your medical and surgical history to your healthcare provider. If you are taking any medical or herbal supplements you may be taking. Also, let the doctor know about any known allergies you may have.
Q: Around what temperature should I store the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm?
A: The Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm should be stored anywhere between 15°-30°C.
Q: Can I recommend or share the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm with my friend, who is also having symptoms similar to me?
A: Please do not share the product with anyone. Even though they show the same symptoms, it is necessary for them to consult their doctor before using the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm.
Q: Can the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm used for kids and adult?
A: Yes, the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm can be used for people of all ages.
Q: What should I do if in case some of the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm gets into my eye?
A: Please wash your eye thoroughly with some cold running water. You may even need an eyewash to clean your eyes. If in case you continue to feel a stinging sensation in your eye afer washing, please report to the hospital.
Q: I noticed some nappy rashes on my baby's skin. Can I use Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm to treat the rash?
A: Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm is meant to treat only bacterial infections. If you do not know the type of pathogen infection causing the infection, please use Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm only after consulting the doctor.
Q: How many times in a day should I apply the Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm?
A: You can apply Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm 2-3 times in a day to see the best results. Follow your doctor's instructions if they say otherwise.
Q: The seal of the cream I purchased seems to be broken. Should I use it anyway?
A: Never use a product if it's seal is broken at the time of purchase. Please buy a new packet, which is sealed and report this issue.
Other Variants for
Fucidin 2%Cream 10gm
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved