Fortwin Inj 1ml
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fortwin injection is an analgesic medicine. It contains pentazocine as an active ingredient that belongs to opioids (pain relief medicine). Fortwin injection helps in relieving moderate to severe pains. It acts on certain nerve cells of the spinal cord and brain to relieve pain. This medicine is administered by your doctor. Hence, it is recommended not to self administer it. If you are a pregnant or nursing woman, inform your doctor before administering this medicine. Before starting the treatment with this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking....
|You Save||₹1.00 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Moderate to severe pain|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, headache, sweating|
|Classification||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Check more medicines with composition as Pentazocine(30.0 Mg)
Uses of Fortwin 30 MG
Moderate to severe pain
Contraindications of Fortwin 30 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the Fortwin injection.
- If you can control the pain by using other pain killers.
- If you have any kind of pre-existing medical condition such as heart problems, blockades in bowel or stomach or intestines, stomach ache, respiratory problem, etc.
- If you have any head injury.
- If you have a known history of fits.
- If you have a habit of drinking alcohol.
- If you recently had or have a planned surgery.
Side effects of Fortwin 30 MG
- Lack of sleep
- Dry mouth
- Problem with vision
- Low sex drive
Precautions and Warnings of Fortwin 30 MG
Can I receive the Fortwin injection during pregnancy?
- It is not considered to be safe during pregnancy, as it may affect the foetus. However your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after assessing your condition, but do not stop taking the medications abruptly. ...
- The doctor will guide you on how to gradually stop taking this medicine.
Can I receive the Fortwin injection while breastfeeding?
The component of this injection passes into the breastmilk. Hence, it is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby. Therefore, the doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or to discontinue the treatment depending upon the benefits of the medicine for a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have received the Fortwin injection?
You may feel drowsy, dizzy or lightheadedness after you receive this injection. Hence, it is recommended to avoid activities like driving, operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have received the Fortwin injection?
No, it is not recommended to consume alcohol as it may cause more drowsiness, slow breathing or other serious side effects. If you have a habit of consuming alcohol consult your doctor before receiving this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney problem, heart problem, migraine, heart disorder, high/low blood pressure, the problem with your thyroid gland, depression, psychiatric problems, etc....
- You are a pregnant or nursing woman. If a doctor prescribes you this medicine during pregnancy and lactation, then you should be very careful and watch the baby for any kind of unusual symptoms like shakiness, breathing problem, fever, vomit etc and immediately report to the doctor....
- You may develop the chances of opioid abuse, misuse or addiction.
- You notice any unusual signs and symptoms while in treatment with this medicine.
- You are already taking any other oral medicines like opioids along with the Fortwin injection. It can cause more drowsiness, breathing problems, decreased awareness, etc.
Mode of Action of Fortwin 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Fortwin injection helps in reducing and relieving the pain by acting on nerve cells of the spinal cord and brain. It acts on certain receptors of the spinal cord and brain and blocks the pain impulse.
Directions for Use of Fortwin 30 MG
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor.
Interactions of Fortwin 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Fortwin injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines received at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might receive to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you or your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like other sedatives, muscle relaxants, general anaesthetics, psychiatric related medicines, alcohol, linezolid, buprenorphine, butorphanol, water pills, medicines for migraine, St. John's Wort (a herbal medicine), etc....
Storage and disposal of Fortwin 30 MG
- Store this medicine as per the instructions given on the packaging box.
- Protect it from bright light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fortwin 30 MG
The possibility for an overdose is unlikely as this medicine will be administered/given by a healthcare professional. If any unusual signs and symptoms like weak breathing, dizziness, extreme drowsiness, etc experienced, then immediately inform your doctor....
Missed a Dose
The possibility of missing a dose is unlikely as this medicine will be administered by a healthcare professional.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I know if I have received the Fortwin injection?
- This medicine is a habit-forming medicine. It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, etc.
- It is recommended to avoid driving or operating machinery.
- It is also recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while you are in the treatment with this medicine.
Q: Are opioids addictive?
A: Yes, prolonged use of opioids can lead to addiction.
Q: Can opioid addiction be treated?
A: Yes, getting rid of opioid addiction can be hard, but it is possible.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.