Folitrax 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Folitrax 5 MG Description
Folitrax 5 tablet is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It contains methotrexate as an active ingredient. You should never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their con
dition is similar to yours. The doctor will decide the dosage and frequency of this medicine based on your clinical condition. You should take this medicine exactly as suggested by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Also inform about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Folitrax 5 tablet.
Uses of Folitrax 5 MG
Contraindications of Folitrax 5 MG
- If you are allergic to methotrexate or any of the ingredients of Folitrax 5 tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers or ulcers in the stomach/intestine.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Folitrax 5 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical condition like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, a brain-related disorder.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
Mode of Action of Folitrax 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Folitrax 5 tablet stops or reduces inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis by altering the body’s defenses.
- In psoriasis, it kills the cells in the skin, which are growing too quickly. It is these fast growing cells, which cause the raised patches of skin in psoriasis.
Directions for Use of Folitrax 5 MG
- Take Folitrax 5 tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Folitrax 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Folitrax 5 tablet works, or Folitrax 5 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes (metformin), pain (phenylbutazone), fluid accumulation (furosemide), bacterial infection (tetracycline), fits/seizures (phenytoin), cancer (doxorubicin), gout (probenecid)....
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 5 MG
- Store Folitrax 5 tablet in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Folitrax 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using Folitrax 5 tablet?
Q: How long will it take to feel better with the intake of Folitrax 5 tablet?
Q: Is Folitrax 5 tablet available in any other form?
Q: What is the use of Folitrax 5 tablet?
Q: Is Folitrax 5 tablet a painkiller medicine?
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 08 Apr 2022]
- Medex tablet [Internet]. medex.com.bd. 2022 [cited 08 Apr 2022]
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 08 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 08 Apr 2022]