Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
30 Inhalation Capsule(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules Description
Flutrol Inhalation Capsule should be used as explained by your doctor for the treatment of breathing difficulty in conditions like asthma and other chest conditions where there is difficulty in breat
hing due to narrowing of airways due to long term inflammation of airways and lining of lungs (COPD). It contains a combination of fluticasone and salmeterol as its active ingredients. This is a reliever inhaler which means it is to be used when you experience difficulty in breathing. Complete the treatment of asthma includes some other medicines along with this inhaler.
|You Save||₹72.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salmeterol(50.0 Mcg) + Fluticasone(500.0 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Muscle cramps, increased heart rate, joint pain, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Salmeterol(50.0 Mcg) + Fluticasone(500.0 Mcg)
Uses of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
Flutrol Inhalation Capsule is used in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) to relieve symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, breathing difficulty, chest tightness.
Contraindications of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, salmeterol or any of the other ingredients of Flutrol Inhalation Capsule.
- If you have an allergy to milk (lactose intolerance).
Side effects of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Yellowish white coatings or patches on tongue, mouth or throat (thrush)
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- Muscle cramps
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
Can I use Flutrol Inhalation Capsule during pregnancy?
You should not use this medicine during pregnancy unless and until it has been prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Flutrol Inhalation Capsule while breastfeeding?
You must avoid the use of Flutrol Inhalation Capsule if you breastfeed your baby. Use this medicine only when it is clearly prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Flutrol Inhalation Capsule?
Flutrol Inhalation Capsule does not influence your ability to drive. You can drive if you feel comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Flutrol Inhalation Capsule?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are diabetic.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You are taking any other steroid medicine orally or injectable.
- You notice worsening symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
How Does It Work?
Flutrol Inhalation Capsule contains a steroid medicine fluticasone which reduces the swelling and irritation of airways while salmeterol helps in the widening of the air passage. Together both these medicines make breathing easy and offer relief in the symptoms of shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, etc. in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)....
Directions for Use of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Learn the proper technique of using Flutrol Inhalation Capsule from your doctor or pharmacist, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use, but do not swallow the water, this will help to prevent infection in the mouth and throat.
Interactions of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Flutrol Inhalation Capsule should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with Flutrol Inhalation Capsule....
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, the use of Flutrol Inhalation Capsule should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Flutrol 50/500mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately as you may face some serious complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Flutrol Inhalation Capsule contain steroids?
A: Yes, Flutrol Inhalation Capsule contains a steroid medicine that is very effective in improving the symptoms of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Inhaled steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablets or injections.
Q: What precautions should I take while using Flutrol Inhalation Capsule?
- Make sure you always keep Flutrol Inhalation Capsule with you.
- Get a new inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using the inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Q: Can I stop using Flutrol Inhalation Capsule when my symptoms are relieved?
A: No, do not stop using Flutrol Inhalation Capsule on your own. If you stop using this medicine on your own the symptoms may come back and may create complications. Always use this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and for the time it has prescribed.
- SERETIDE [Internet]. Au.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Seretide 250 Evohaler - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Seretide 250 Evohaler - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed