Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By VERITAZ HEALTHCARE LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fepanil 500mg Tablet contains Paracetamol as the main ingredient. Paracetamol is a painkiller used to treat fever, pain and ache. It belongs to the 'Analgesic' group of medicine. Fepanil 500mg Tablet works by blocking the formation of certain chemicals responsible for fever and pain. You should not consume more than 4 more tablets of Fepanil 500 in a day as it may cause toxicity. If you feel that your pain and fever is relieved, do not take it further. Individuals with liver and kidney problems should seek medical advice before taking this medicine. This medicine is not meant for children under 12 years of age.
Uses of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Fepanil 500mg Tablet is used to treat fever, pain, headache, toothache and migraine.
Contraindications of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol or any of the ingredients of the Fepanil 500mg Tablet.
- If you are taking any other product containing Paracetamol.
- If you have severe kidney, liver or bleeding disorders.
Side effects of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Chances of getting side effects with Fepanil 500mg Tablet is rare if taken within the recommended doses. However, in rare cases, you may experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with this medicine if used too frequently or for long-term treatment.
Precautions and Warnings of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Fepanil 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Fepanil 500mg Tablet can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends. However, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Fepanil 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Fepanil 500mg Tablet pass into the breastmilk in a very small amount and has negligible effects on the breastfed baby. Thus, you can take it while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fepanil 500mg Tablet?
Fepanil 500mg Tablet is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Fepanil 500mg Tablet?
Excessive use of alcohol with Fepanil 500mg Tablet may result in liver damage. You need to limit or quit the intake of alcohol if this medicine has been prescribed to you.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease or problems.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain Paracetamol. Taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You consume alcohol too often or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- Fepanil 500mg Tablet is not meant to be used in children below 12 years of age.
- You should maintain a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose of Fepanil 500mg Tablet and should not exceed it to more than 4-tablets a day.
Mode of Action of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Fepanil 500mg Tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandin, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain, responsible for controlling body temperature.
Directions for Use of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Take Fepanil 500mg Tablet as directed by your physician. You should not take more than the recommended dose.
Interactions of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone should be avoided with Fepanil 500mg Tablet.
- Frequent use of Fepanil 500mg Tablet by a person on blood thinners like warfarin can increase the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours as it can interfere with the painkiller action of Fepanil 500mg Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Fepanil 500mg Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fepanil 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Taking too much Fepanil 500mg Tablet may result in severe liver damage. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache. If you happen to take too much of this medicine, reach out to your doctor at the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I be cautious while taking Fepanil 500mg Tablet?
A: You must be careful while using it as Fepanil 500mg Tablet needs to be taken in the recommended amount by the physician. Do not take Fepanil 500mg Tablet if you have liver, kidney or bleeding disorders and alcohol dependency.
Q: What if Fepanil 500mg Tablet does not work?
A: If you feel like Fepanil 500mg Tablet is not showing the desired results, you can always consult with your doctor for alternative treatment options for your condition due to the availability of various medicines.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions?
A: A normal (regular) diet can be taken with this medicine as there are no dietary restrictions.
Q: When will I feel better after taking Fepanil 500mg Tablet?
A: Fepanil 500 Tablet will take about an hour to start working and showing the desired results. However, the duration varies in each individual due to different physiological conditions.
Q: Is Fepanil Tablet an analgesic?
A: Yes, Fepanil 500mg Tablet is an analgesic, which means it provides relief from pain.
Q: Can Fepanil 500mg Tablet be used for a headache?
A: Yes, Fepanil 500mg Tablet can be used for headaches. However, if you are feeling you get the headache too often and there is not much relief in the headache after taking this medicine, consult your doctor.
Q: Can I take Fepanil 500 for cold and fever?
A: Fepanil 500mg Tablet is useful for controlling fever. It may not have any action in reducing cold, as cold usually happens due to a viral infection and affects the nose and throat. So, you can take this medicine to treat fever.
Other Products from this Brand
- Fepanil 650 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Fepanil 250 Mg Banana Flavour Suspension 60 Ml
- Fepanil Mef Ds Susp 60 Ml
- Fepanil 120 Mg Banana Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Suspension
- Fepanil 125 Mg Liquid 60 Ml
- Fepanil 1000 Mg Infusion 100 Ml
- Fepanil 650 Mg Tablet
- Fepanil 500 Mg Tab
- Fepanil 500 Mg Banana Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Suspention
- Fepanil 125 Mg Drops 5 Ml
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved