Femilon Strip Of 21 Tablets
Femilon tablet is used as a birth control pill for females. This medicine may change the pattern of vaginal bleeding like intensity, frequency and duration. Femilon tablet is a combination medicine containing desogestrel and ethinylestradiol.
It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. The common side effects of this medicine are altered mood, headache, nausea, pain in the abdomen, breast pain and an increase in weight. Ovuloc tablet, Intimacy Plus tablet, Smartilon tablet, Juliana tablet and I Con tablet also contain a combination of desogestrel and ethinylestradiol.
Do not use the Femilon tablet if you are pregnant or are likely to be pregnant if you are breastfeeding your child and for children below 18 years of age. Always observe and inform your doctor about various risk factors and symptoms related to vascular blood clot formation, liver disease, heart disease, and fit attacks before starting this medicine and after taking it.
Uses of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Contraindications of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to any of the components of Femilon tablet.
- If you are at a high risk of vascular blood clot formation.
- If you have a family history of blood clot formation.
- If you have undergone major surgery followed by bedridden for a long time.
- If you have/had heart diseases such as a heart attack or chest pain.
- If you have a history of paralysis.
- If you have low blood circulation to the brain.
- If you have a high blood sugar level.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you have dysfunction of the liver and pancreas.
- If you have tumours of the liver.
- If you have female-hormone-dependent tumours.
- If you experience unknown bleeding from the vagina, are pregnant or are likely to be pregnant should not use this medicine.
Side effects of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- Pain in the abdomen
- Altered mood
- Tenderness in the breast
- Increase in weight
Precautions and Warnings of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You experience breathlessness or a sudden cough.
- You are a smoker.
- You an obese person.
- You have altered lipid levels.
- You have liver disorders.
- You have mood swings.
- You experience fit attacks.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Femilon tablet.
Directions for Use of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Storage and disposal of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- Store Femilon tablet below 25°C in the original packaging to protect it from moisture and light.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Quick Tips of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
- Femilon tablets can be used as a birth control pill for females.
- Take this tablet as directed by the doctor. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor about any medical conditions or medications you are taking before starting Femilon tablet.
- Do not use this tablet if you are pregnant or are likely to be pregnant if you are breastfeeding.
- Smoking can increase the risk of blood clots and other complications in women taking oral contraceptives. Quitting smoking can help reduce these risks.
- Regular exercise can help maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress and improve overall health. It can also help regulate menstrual cycles.
Dosage of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Femilon tablet contains two different agents named Desogestrol which is a synthetic progestogen and Ethinylestradiol which is a synthetic estrogen.
- Both these agents help to inhibit the release of ovaries, make changes in cervical secretion to inhibit the progress of sperms inside the female genital tract and thus preventing the union of sperms with the eggs....
Interactions of FEMILON STRIP OF 21 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorders....
- Some antiviral medicines like ombitasvir, paritaprevir and ritonavir are not to be used along with Femilon tablet.
- Taking Femilon tablet along with other medicines without a doctor’s advice can lead to vaginal bleeding and failure of the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Some fit medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine, and phenobarbital while other tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, and rifabutin should not be used along with this medicine without prior consultation with your doctor. ...
- Some other medicines like griseofulvin, modafinil and antiviral medicines including HIV medicines are not to be used along with this medicine.
- Antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, and fluconazole are not to be used without a doctor’s advice along with Femilon tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Femilon tablet prevent the chances of developing HIV infection?
Q: Is Femilon tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: I am using Femilon tablet since the last 5 months as advised by my doctor. But will it affect my ability to get pregnant in the future?
Q: Does Femilon tablet cause weight gain?
Q: Is Femilon tablet a contraceptive pill?
Q: When do we use the Femilon tablet?
Q: Can I take Femilon tablet for irregular periods?
Q: When should I take Femilon tablet?
Q: Does Femilon cause breast pain?
Q: Is Femilon good for PCOS?
- Bimizza 150 microgram/20 microgram Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Bimizza 150 microgram/20 microgram Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Desogestrol and Ethinylestradiol - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]