By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
21 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Femilon tablet is used as a birth control pill for females. This medicine may change the pattern of vaginal bleeding like intensity, frequency and duration. Femilon tablet is a combination medicine co
ntaining desogestrel and ethinylestradiol. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. The common side effects of this medicine are altered mood, headache, nausea, pain in the abdomen, breast pain and an increase in weight. Do not use the Femilon tablet if you are pregnant or are likely to be pregnant if you are breastfeeding your child and for children below 18 years of age. Always observe and inform your doctor about various risk factors and symptoms related to vascular blood clot formation, liver disease, heart disease, fit attacks before starting this medicine and after taking it....
Uses of Femilon Tablet
Femilon tablet can be used as a birth control pill for female.
Contraindications of Femilon Tablet
- If you are allergic to any of the components of Femilon tablet.
- If you are at a high risk of vascular blood clot formation.
- If you have a family history of blood clot formation.
- If you have undergone major surgery followed by bedridden for a long time.
- If you have/had heart diseases such as a heart attack or chest pain.
- If you have a history of paralysis.
- If you have low blood circulation to the brain.
- If you have a high blood sugar level.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you have dysfunction of the liver and pancreas.
- If you have tumours of the liver.
- If you have female-hormone dependent tumours.
- If you experience unknown bleeding from the vagina, pregnant or are likely to be pregnant should not use this medicine.
Side effects of Femilon Tablet
- Pain in the abdomen
- Altered mood
- Tenderness in the breast
- Increase in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Femilon Tablet
Can I take Femilon tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take Femilon tablet if you are pregnant or are likely to be pregnant in the near future.
Can I take Femilon tablet while breastfeeding?
Do not take Femilon tablet while breastfeeding as this medicine reduces and changes the composition of the breastmilk.
Can I drive after taking Femilon tablet?
Femilon tablet is not known to impair your driving ability. So, you can drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Femilon tablet?
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol with Femilon tablet as it interferes with the effectiveness of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience breathlessness or a sudden cough.
- You are a smoker.
- You an obese person.
- You have altered lipid levels.
- You have liver disorders.
- You have mood swings.
- You experience fit attacks.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Femilon tablet.
Mode of Action of Femilon Tablet
How Does It Work?
Femilon tablet contains two different agents named Desogestrol which is a synthetic progestogen and Ethinylestradiol which is a synthetic estrogen. Both these agents help to inhibit the release of ova
ries, make changes in cervical secretion to inhibit the progress of sperms inside the female genital tract and thus preventing the union of sperms with the eggs....
Directions for Use of Femilon Tablet
Femilon tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal r
esults and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Femilon Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorders....Read more
- Some antivirals medicines like ombitasvir, paritaprevir and ritonavir are not to be used along with Femilon tablet.
- Taking Femilon tablet along with other medicines without a doctor’s advice can lead to vaginal bleeding and failure of the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Some fits medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine, and phenobarbital while other tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, rifabutin should not be used along with this medicine without prior consultation with your doctor....Read more
- Some other medicines like griseofulvin, modafinil and antiviral medicines including HIV medicines are not to be used along with this medicine.
- Antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, fluconazole are not to be used without a doctor’s advice along with Femilon tablet.
Storage and disposal of Femilon Tablet
- Store Femilon tablet below 25°C in the original packaging to protect it from moisture and light.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Femilon Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include cause nausea, vomiting and slight vaginal bleeding, especially in young girls. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Femilon tablet, co
ntact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you forget to take a dose of Femilon tablet, then consult your doctor immediately for further advice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Femilon tablet prevent the chances of developing HIV infection?
A: No, Femilon tablet is to be used as a birth control pill, it does not protect from any sexually transmitted infections including HIV.
Q: Is Femilon tablet a habit-forming medicine?
A: No, habit-forming reactions have been reported with Femilon tablet yet.
Q: I am using Femilon tablet since the last 5 months as advised by my doctor. But will it affect my ability to get pregnant in the future?
A: No data or evidence has been reported for any short-term or long-term effects on your ability to become pregnant in the future after stopping Femilon tablet.
- Bimizza 150 microgram/20 microgram Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Bimizza 150 microgram/20 microgram Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Desogestrol and Ethinylestradiol - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved