Febumac 40mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Febumac 40mg Tablet contains Febuxostat and is used to treat high levels of uric acid in the body called gout. It works by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for the production of uric acid, this reduces the amount of uric acid and relieves symptoms of gout such as severe pain and swelling of the joint. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, it can be taken with or without food. Tell your doctor about all the other medicines, over the counter medicines, and herbal preparations you are taking before starting with Febumac 40mg Tablet.
Uses of Febumac 40mg Tablet
- Febumac 40mg Tablet is used to treat high levels of uric acid in the body of people who have gout.
Contraindications of Febumac 40mg Tablet
If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Febumac 40mg Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting
- Headache, dizziness
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Tiredness, sleepiness
- Rash, itching, swelling
- Abnormal liver test
- Increase in gout symptoms like severe pain, redness, and swelling in joints
- Chest pain, chest discomfort
- Muscle pain or weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Febumac 40mg Tablet
Can I take Febumac 40mg Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take this medicine during pregnancy as limited information is available about its safety in pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Febumac 40mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Febumac 40mg Tablet?
This medicine may blur your vision and make you dizzy or sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Febumac 40mg Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, kidney, liver, or thyroid.
- You have an allergic reaction to Allopurinol (used to treat gout).
- You develop allergic reactions like rash, swelling, itching, unable to breathe.
- You have too much uric acid in the blood and are being treated for it.
- You are having a gout attack like (a sudden severe pain, tenderness, redness, and swelling in joints).
- In people with very high urate levels, treatment with this medicine could lead to the build-up of xanthine in the urinary tract, with possible stones.
- This medicine is not recommended for organ transplant recipients.
- This medicine is not recommended for patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Febumac 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by reducing the amount of uric acid made by the body. It inhibits the enzyme responsible for the production of uric acid in the body.
Directions for Use of Febumac 40mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Febumac 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of Febumac 40mg Tablet is not recommended with Mercaptopurine used to treat cancer or Azathioprine used to reduce immune response as it may be harmful
- Other medicine like Theophylline used to treat asthma should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Febumac 40mg Tablet
- Store at room temperature, protected from moisture and direct sunlight
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Febumac 40mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of Febumac 40mg Tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Febumac 40mg Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Febumac 40mg Tablet on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by a doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine, the excess iron will no longer be removed from your body.
Q: How does Febumac 40mg Tablet works?
- Febumac 40mg Tablet inhibits the enzyme responsible for the production of uric acid in the body. This medicine works by reducing the amount of uric acid made by the body. Excess of uric acid leads to pain in joints and this condition is called gout.read less
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved