Febrex Plus Tablet
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Febrex Plus tablet is used for the treatment of the common cold and cough associated with fever. It helps in relieving fever, cough, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of the nose and throat and a
irways. Febrex Plus Tablet is a combination medicine containing - chlorpheniramine, paracetamol and phenylephrine. This medicine should be used under medical supervision and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Febrex Plus Tablet
Febrex Plus tablet is used to treat cough, cold along with fever, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms.
Contraindications of Febrex Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of the Febrex Plus tablet.
- If you have high blood pressure or heart disorder, thyroid problem or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Febrex Plus Tablet
There are very rare chances of getting side effects with the Febrex Plus tablet. However, you may experience rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness and nausea.
Precautions and Warnings of Febrex Plus Tablet
Can I take the Febrex Plus tablet during pregnancy?
A pregnant woman should take the Febrex Plus tablet only if prescribed by a doctor. Do not self medicate this tablet during cough and cold.
Can I take the Febrex Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
Febrex Plus tablet should be taken while breastfeeding only under the doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Febrex Plus tablet?
It is advised not to drive or operate any machinery after taking this medicine. Febrex Plus tablet may cause sedation, thus avoid driving or using machines when you are on treatment with this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with the Febrex Plus tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with the Febrex Plus tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin rashes & allergic symptoms after taking this tablet, discontinue and consult a doctor.
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions.
- You are taking any other medicines containing paracetamol.
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as kidney or liver problem.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism.
- You have heart conditions such as high blood pressure or heart failure problems.
- You have epilepsy and you experience frequent fits and tremors.
- You are suffering from an eye condition of increased pressure inside your eyes called closed-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Febrex Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Febrex Plus tablet works by the combined action of its three components- Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain and inflammation and also acts on heat-regulating centres and reduces body heat to control fever.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Febrex Plus Tablet
- Febrex Plus tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Febrex Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Febrex Plus tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule....Read more
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders such as Rasagiline, Methyldopa & Clomipramine, medicines used to relax the airways such as Epinephrine, Reserpine and medicines used to treat heart conditions like Veratridine and Reserpine should be used cautiously....Read more
- Other medicines containing Paracetamol or any topical decongestant containing Phenylephrine should not be used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Febrex Plus Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Febrex Plus Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of the Febrex Plus tablet and you are experiencing increased heartbeats, dizziness, nausea or palpitations, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest ho
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double do
se to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when suffering from viral flu?
- Take the medications as advised by your doctor, eat healthy food and consume sufficient water.
- Maintain a safe distance from family and friends so that they don't catch the infection.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or elbow while sneezing or coughing or wear a mask.
Q: Can we use the Febrex Plus tablet for asthma cough?
A: No, it is not effective in controlling cough due to asthma. Consult your doctor and do not self-medicate this tablet for cough due to asthma.
Q: Does the Febrex Plus tablet cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, it can cause drowsiness, avoid driving or doing any work which requires concentration and attention.
Q: Can the Febrex Plus tablet be used for running nose?
A: Yes, it can be used for temporary relief from runny nose due to seasonal allergies.
Q: Is Febrex Plus tablet effective?
A: Febrex Plus tablet is effective if taken at a dose and duration advised by your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹8.38 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg),Phenylephrine(10.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness|
Last Updated on: 24 Aug 2021 | 04:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved