Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ezedoc 10 mg tablet contain ezetimibe as an active ingredient. It is a cholesterol-lowering medication, used to control the increased levels of cholesterol and fatty acids in the blood. This medicine is often co-administered along with another group of cholesterol-lowering medicines. This medicine is not to be used in children and pregnant or breastfeeding women. It is to be used with caution in those patients suffering from severe liver disease. Please consult your doctor about your medical condition before use of this medicine.
Uses of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
To reduce the increased cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia) and fatty acid levels in the blood.
Contraindications of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to ezetimibe the active ingredient in the ezedoc tablet
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding and also taking another cholesterol-lowering medicine (statins)
- If you are suffering from severe liver disease and/or increased liver enzymes and taking another cholesterol-lowering medicine (statins)
Side effects of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhoea, Gases
- Fatigue and muscle pain
- Increased levels of liver enzymes
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience unexplained severe muscle pain or weakness. This is because, on rare occasions, muscle problems, including muscle breakdown may lead to kidney damage, and be serious and may become a potentially life-threatening condition.read less
- If you experience allergic reactions, including swelling of the face, lips, tongue, and/or throat that may cause difficulty in breathing or swallowing, it is advised that you consult your doctor or nearest hospital immediately.read less
Precautions and Warnings of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
Can I take Ezedoc 10 mg tablet during pregnancy?
As there is limited data available regarding the safety of ezedoc 10 mg tablets during pregnancy, it is recommended to avoid using this tablet during pregnancy.
Can I take Ezedoc 10 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
The active ingredient ezetimibe is known to pass through breast milk and may have undesirable effects on the newborn. Thus ezedoc 10 mg tablet should not be used during the breastfeeding phase.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ezedoc 10 mg tablet?
This medicine is not known to impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery. You should avoid driving if you experience dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Ezedoc 10 mg tablet?
Consumption of alcohol is a potent risk factor for the increase in bad cholesterol, thus you should not consume alcohol when taking ezedoc 10 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant and breastfeeding
- You are allergic to ezetimibe, the active ingredient in the tablet
- You are planning to undergo a surgery
- You are suffering from liver disease
- You are suffering from severe liver disease and taking medicine to lower your cholesterol levels
- You are taking other medicines to lower your cholesterol
- You are taking blood thinners like warfarin
- You are taking immunosuppressant drugs like ciclosporins
- You are suffering from or are prone to muscle aches, spasms or related muscle disorders
Mode of Action of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient ezetimibe is a fat lowering agent that works by targeting a specific molecule (a sterol transporter). Ezetimibe acts on the receptors of the cells in the small intestine and prevents the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine.
Directions for Use of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water in dose as directed by the doctor.
Interactions of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Co-administration of cholestyramine (cholesterol-lowering medication) along with ezetimibe should be avoided as cholestyramine affects the way ezetimibe works.
- When this medicine is used along with fenofibrate (a type of cholesterol-lowering medicine) the risk of gallbladder stones and related gallbladder disease increases. In such cases, a regular checkup of the gall bladder is suggested.read less
- When Ezedoc 10 mg tablet is used along with ciclosporin (a medicine used in organ transplant patients as an immunosuppressant), it affects the way ezetimibe is eliminated from the system, thereby increasing the ezetimibe exposure in the body. Regular monitoring is advised.read less
- Concomitant administration of Ezedoc 10 mg tablet along with blood thinners like warfarin, phenprocoumon, acenocoumarol or fluindione leads to a decrease in the efficacy of the blood-thinning medicines.read less
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Dosage of Ezedoc 10mg Tablet
Take this tablet in dose as prescribed by the doctor. If you take more than prescribed you may experience undesirable effects like severe muscle ache and allergic reactions. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this tablet, it is recommended that you visit your nearest doctor or hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does taking ezedoc 10 mg tablet cause hair loss?
A: Commonly reported side effects of ezedoc 10 mg tablets are unexplained muscle ache, tiredness, difficulty to move hands and legs, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache. Hair loss is not a commonly known side -effect of ezetimibe, but it is advised that you consult with your doctor before use of the medicine as every individual may r have a verified physiological response to the medicine.
Q: Should I take ezedoc 10 mg tablet at night for better results?
A: You should take the tablet in dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. No evidence suggests taking this medicine at night for better results.
Q: Will I feel sleepy after taking ezedoc 10 mg tablet?
A: Sleepiness is not among the commonly reported side-effect of this medicine. You may feel nauseatic and on rare occasions which may make you want to sleep. Please consult your doctor before use.
Q: Does taking ezedoc 10 mg tablet leads to weight loss?
A: Ezedoc 10 mg tablet is not known to cause weight gain or weight loss.
Q: Does ezedoc 10 mg tablet belong to a class of medicines known as "statins"?
A: No, although statins and ezetimibe both work for lowering cholesterol levels, statins do so by preventing the synthesis of cholesterol in the liver while ezetimibe controls the cholesterol levels by reducing its absorption in the small intestine. Cholesterol levels are best controlled when ezetimibe is coadministered with statins.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 30 Mar 2021 | 05:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved