Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets Description
Epodox Dt 50mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine co
taining cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Epodox Dt 50mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using Epodox Dt 50mg Tab , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Swich Dt 50mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.00₹ 98.77₹ 9.88/Tablet
- Oxipod Dt 50mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.00₹ 65.12₹ 6.51/Tablet
- Cepodem Dt 50mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 103.00₹ 80.34₹ 8.03/Tablet
Uses of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
- Epodox Dt 50mg Tab is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of Epodox Dt 50mg Tab .
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Epodox Dt 50mg Tab .
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
Interactions of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Epodox Dt 50mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Epodox Dt 50mg Tab ....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
- Store Epodox Dt 50mg Tab in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Epodox Dt 50mg Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Epodox Dt 50mg Tab , contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Epodox Dt 50mg Tab be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Epodox Dt 50mg Tab without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Epodox Dt 50mg Tab before the prescribed duration?
Q: What is Epodox Dt 50mg Tab ?
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]