Encifer 200mg Injection
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Encifer 20 MG Description
Encifer Injection is a medication used for iron replacement. It contains iron sucrose. It is used in the treatment of anaemia due to iron deficiency. Iron is used for the production of red blood cell
s for circulating oxygen around the body.
2 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Encifer 200mg Injection
- Qron Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 226.00₹ 192.103.83% CHEAPER₹ 38.42/Ml
- Orofer S 100mg Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 321.44₹ 273.22₹ 54.64/Ml
Uses of Encifer 20 MG
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Kidney disease patients where oral iron therapy is not helping
- Active inflammatory bowel disease where oral iron therapy is not helping
- Patients who are unable to tolerate oral iron therapy
Contraindications of Encifer 20 MG
- Allergy to iron
- Peptic ulcer
- Liver disease
- Anaemia not caused by iron deficiency
Side effects of Encifer 20 MG
- Muscle cramp
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Encifer 20 MG
Can Encifer Injection be administered during pregnancy?
Encifer Injection should only be administered during pregnancy if necessary. Discuss with your doctor regarding the same as safety is not well established.
Can I take Encifer Injection while breastfeeding?
Encifer Injection contents may pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor regarding its safety while nursing.
Is it safe to drive after administering Encifer Injection?
You may feel dizzy or light headed after being given Encifer Injection. If you feel so, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Encifer Injection?
Avoid alcohol if you have taken Encifer Injection as it may affect the medicine's absorption rate.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience symptoms of low blood pressure like dizziness, etc.
- You have allergies
- You have liver dysfunction
- You have severe lung, kidney or heart disease
Mode of Action of Encifer 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Encifer Injection is a medicine used to treat anaemia. It helps you rebuild the iron in your body, which is needed to produce new red blood cells and haemoglobin.
Directions for Use of Encifer 20 MG
- Encifer Injection is administered intravenously, either by slow injection or infusion, by a healthcare professional.
- Do not self administer.
Interactions of Encifer 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Chloramphenicol decreases the production of blood cells and thus, should not be given along with iron supplements.
- Encifer Injection may decrease the serum concentration of aspirin when combined.
- Calcium carbonate reduces the absorption of Encifer Injection, resulting in a decrease in efficacy.
- The serum concentration of demeclocycline can be decreased when it is combined with Encifer Injection.
- The nephrotoxic activities of Iron sucrose may be increased by Dimercaprol.
- If you consume other medications, do mention it to your physician before administering Encifer Injection.
Storage and disposal of Encifer 20 MG
Encifer Injection should be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight. Keep it away from reach of pets and children.
Dosage of Encifer 20 MG
- No Encifer Injection overdose incidents, unintentional or purposeful have been observed.
- Do seek immediate medical attention if you over dose.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Encifer Injection, ask your physician for a new dose schedule. Do not take double doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long is Encifer Injection administered?
A: Encifer Injection should be administered until your haemoglobin level comes to normal. Discuss with your doctor regarding the number of injections you will need to take.
Q: Can I store Encifer Injection in a refrigerator?
A: Do not store Encifer Injection above 25°C. Do not freeze. Store in the original package.
Q: Can Encifer Injection be given to geriatric patients?
A: Consult your doctor before giving Encifer Injection to geriatric patients.
- Venofer (iron sucrose). [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 4 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021135s032lbl.pdf
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron/ml solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5911/smpc#INTERACTIONS
Expires on or After
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
Presenting our Lucky Hours Winners For November 23-25, 2023
At PharmEasy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As your healthcare and wellness partner, your health and well-being matter the most to us. To help you take it easy with your healthcare needs and enjoy guaranteed savings – the idea of ‘Lucky Hour’ was born. During our ‘Lucky Hours,’ the lucky
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.