Enamate 5mg Tablets
Enamate 5 MG Description
Enamate Tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains Enalapril as an active ingredient. Enamate works by relaxing the blood vessels thus making the blood flow easy
and makes your heart pump effectively. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, reach out to your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine. High blood pressure is a critical health condition if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, blood vessels, kidneys. In addition to taking Enamate Tablets on time, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure.
Uses of Enamate 5 MG
Contraindications of Enamate 5 MG
- If you are allergic to enalapril or any component of this medicine.
- If you have a history of angioedema (swelling without pain affecting the face, arms, legs) due to the use of similar medicine or without a known cause.
- This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are taking a medicine called aliskiren (for high blood pressure) and have diabetes or kidney problem.
Side effects of Enamate 5 MG
- Blurred vision
- Feeling low
- Taste changes
- Fainting & dizziness
- Low blood pressure
- Cough & difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain & increased heart beats
- Lack of energy
- Nausea & diarrhoea
- Rashes & allergy
Precautions and Warnings of Enamate 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have been very sick suffered from excessive vomiting or had bad diarrhoea
- You have heart, kidney or liver-related problems and taking other medicines for the treatment.
- You are going to undergo any surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking this medicine.
- You are on a salt-restricted diet or taking potassium-containing medicines or supplements.
- You are an elderly over 70 years of age.
- You experience swelling of face, tongue, limbs, etc after taking this medicine.
- You have a problem in the blood vessels of your brain or have irregular blood count of certain blood cells.
- You are taking antidiabetic agents or insulin to control your diabetes; you should closely monitor your blood for low blood glucose levels.
- Any other condition if you have or you are currently taking other medicines should be discussed with your doctor before starting the treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Enamate 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Enamate Tablet contains enalapril that acts by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the formation of a substance called angiotensin.
- Angiotensin is a vasoconstrictor, it constricts or narrows the blood vessels and hence causes high blood pressure and makes your heart work harder.
- Enalapril relaxes the blood vessels and makes your heart pump effectively by blocking the formation of this substance.
Directions for Use of Enamate 5 MG
- Take Enamate Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it at the same time for better results.
Interactions of Enamate 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking other medicines used to lower blood pressure as it may lower the blood pressure further.
- Medicines or supplements containing potassium, frequent monitoring of potassium levels is recommended.
- If you are taking water pills or diuretics, discuss it with your doctor prior to starting the treatment with Enamate Tablet.
- Medicines used for mood or psychiatric disorders may further reduce the blood pressure and hence should be used cautiously.
- Lithium containing medicine used for certain brain-related problems if taken along with Envas can lead to increased levels of lithium in the body and toxicity.
- Medicines such as temsirolimus, sirolimus, everolimus used to treat certain types of cancer or to prevent the body’s immune system from rejecting a transplanted organ.
- Other medicines such as antidiabetics, aspirin, certain cough and cold medicines and weight-reducing medicines (Sympathomimetics), medicines used to dissolve blood clots, certain pain or arthritis medicine/ therapy containing gold should be used cautiously....