Emstal 2mg Suspension 30ml
Emstal 2 MG Description
Emstal Suspension is an antiemetic that is used to control nausea and vomiting in children. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. Nausea is a feeling where you feel as if you are growing t
o throw up the content of your stomach. Vomiting is uncontrolled reflux that makes you expel the contents of your stomach through the mouth. Emstal Suspension works by blocking the action of certain natural chemicals which causes nausea and vomiting. This Suspension should be given to your children as directed by a doctor under an adult's supervision. Shake the Emstal Suspension well, before each use.
Uses of Emstal 2 MG
Contraindications of Emstal 2 MG
- If your child is allergic to ondansetron or other ingredients of Emstal Suspension.
- If your child is taking a medicine called apomorphine, which is used to treat loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Emstal 2 MG
- Sensation of warmth
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Emstal 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child is allergic to similar medicines like granisetron or palonosetron.
- Your child has severe constipation or has a blockage in the stomach as the medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- Your child has heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- Your child has liver problems or a condition of salt imbalance in blood or dehydration or your child is experiencing fluid loss.
Mode of Action of Emstal 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Emstal 2 MG
- Do not consume Emstal directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Interactions of Emstal 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are giving medicine like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or arrhythmias.
- Your child may experience irregular heart rhythm if you give medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as atenolol or timolol, antimalarial medicine such as halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like erythromycin and antifungal medicine like ketoconazole....
- Your child may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you give Emstal Suspension along with apomorphine.
- Medicines that are used to relieve pain like tramadol may not work when given along with Emstal Suspension.
- Your child may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils, and diarrhoea), including abnormal mental states with medicines used to treat mental states like citalopram or sertraline....
- Some medicines may affect the way Emstal works, or Emstal itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines given at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently giving or might give to your child to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Emstal 2 MG
- Store Emstal Suspension at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets. ...
- Do not flush unused or expired medicines in the toilet or pour them into the drain.