Eldamide 50mg Tablets
Eldamide 50 MG Description
Eldamide Tablet contains cyclophosphamide, which is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in various types of cancer of the blood, eye, breast, etc and in certain kidney diseases in children where othe
r treatments cannot be given. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting Eldamide Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Eldamide 50 MG
- Eldamide Tablet is used in the treatment of various types of cancer such as cancer of the blood, eye, breast.
- It is also used in a certain kidney disease in children in whom other treatments cannot be given.
Contraindications of Eldamide 50 MG
- If you are allergic to cyclophosphamide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have an obstruction in the urinary path.
Side effects of Eldamide 50 MG
- Loss of hair
- Loose motions
- Mouth ulcer
- Blurring of vision
- Absence of menstrual period
- Early stoppage of the menstrual period
Precautions and Warnings of Eldamide 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your immunity is suppressed.
- You have kidney disease, liver disease or heart disease.
- You are planning for pregnancy, as the use of Eldamide Tablet can impair fertility.
Mode of Action of Eldamide 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eldamide 50 MG
Interactions of Eldamide 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Eldamide Tablets with medicines known as protease inhibitors such as doxorubicin, etoposide can increase the blood concentration of this Tablet.
- Medicines used in rheumatoid arthritis such as azathioprine, when taken along with this Tablet, can cause liver toxicities.
- Antifungal medicines such as metronidazole, when taken along with this medicine, can cause brain diseases.
- Concomitant use along with medicines used to thin blood such as warfarin may affect the effect of warfarin.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, before starting with the Eldamide Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Eldamide 50 MG
- Store Eldamide Tablet at 20°c to 25°c in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Eldamide 50 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Eldamide Tablets include fever, cough, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, breathing difficulty, etc.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.