Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml Description
Eficef Dry Syrup is used to treat bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, which belongs to
the antibiotic class of medicine. It works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and killing the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Eficef Dry Syrup is designed to be used only by children. It should be used for children below 12-years of age and infants above 3-months of age. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. The common side effects of Eficef Dry Syrup are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. Please report to your doctor if you feel the side effects persist or the condition of your child worsens.
|You Save||₹9.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefpodoxime + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain|
Uses of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
Contraindications of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any other components of Eficef Dry Syrup.
Side effects of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
- Decreased appetite
- A dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection
- Skin rash, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child develops an allergic reaction after taking Eficef Dry Syrup.
- Your child had diarrhoea after the use of Eficef Dry Syrup earlier.
- Eficef Dry Syrup should not be used for infants below 3-months of age.
Mode of Action of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
Interactions of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Eficef Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicines such as Ranitidine, Cimetidine with Eficef Dry Syrup can decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Eficef Dry Syrup increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Eficef Dry Syrup may increase the risk of kidney disease.
Storage and disposal of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
- Store Eficef Dry Syrup at temperature not exceeding 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Store the reconstituted suspension in the refrigerator.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Eficef Dry Syrup 30ml
- Symptoms of an overdose of Eficef Dry Syrup include nausea, vomiting, gas, stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)