Ecef S 750mg Inj
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ecef S 750mg Inj is an antibiotic medicine. It contains a combination of two medicines ceftriaxone and sulbactam. Ecef S 750mg Inj is used to treat bacterial infections caused by various infection-causing bacteria. This injection will be given under the medical supervision of your doctor or nurse....
Uses of Ecef S 750mg Inj
Ecef S 750mg Inj is used to treat various bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Ecef S 750mg Inj
If you are allergic to ceftriaxone, sulbactam or any of the ingredients of Ecef S 750mg Inj . If you are allergic to cephalosporins, penicillins, monobactams or carbapenems.
Side effects of Ecef S 750mg Inj
- Pain, redness swelling at injection.
Precautions and Warnings of Ecef S 750mg Inj
Can I take Ecef S 750mg Inj during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Ecef S 750mg Inj during pregnancy. Thus, it is advised not to take this medicine unless your doctor gives you this medicine after assessing the need.
Can I take Ecef S 750mg Inj while breastfeeding?
Ecef S 750mg Inj passes into breastmilk. Be cautious while breastfeeding when on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ecef S 750mg Inj ?
No information is available about the effect of this medicine on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecef S 750mg Inj ?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness. It is advisable to avoid alcohol after getting injected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to any antibiotics.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You have liver or kidney or gall bladder disease.
- You experience allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of Ecef S 750mg Inj
How Does It Work?
Ceftriaxone acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy ceftriaxone. Sulbactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps ceftriaxone to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Ecef S 750mg Inj
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any after-care instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
- This injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution.
- This injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given.
Interactions of Ecef S 750mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ecef S 750mg Inj works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Ecef S 750mg Inj
- Store this medicine at or below 25º C, in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ecef S 750mg Inj
This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse, thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Ecef S 750mg Inj cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Ecef S 750mg Inj can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.