Duvadilan Inj 2ml
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Duvadilan injection is used for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease to increase blood flow in the blood vessels. It contains isoxsuprine, a vasodilating medicine. Duvadilan works by widening the blood vessels and improves the blood flow in the hands, feet or brain. You will be given Duvadilan 2ml injection at the hospital or clinic by a doctor. Do not self-inject this medicine. Before taking Duvadilan injection, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including the medicines you are already taking....
|You Save||₹4.45 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Premature labour and Peripheral vasular disease|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, nervousness, weakness, dizziness|
|Classification||UTERINE RELAXANT (TOCOLYTIC)|
Check more medicines with composition as Isoxsuprine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Duvadilan 5 MG
- Cerebral vascular insufficiency (reduced blood flow to the brain).
- Arteriosclerosis (when oxygen-carrying blood vessels (arteries) become thick and stiff).
- Thromboangiitis obliterans also known as Buerger's disease (an inflammatory condition of the blood vessels).
- Raynaud’s disease (inadequate blood flow to the toes/fingers in a cold environment).
- It can also be used to relax the smooth muscles of the uterus to stop premature labour.
Contraindications of Duvadilan 5 MG
- If you are allergic to isoxsuprine or any of the ingredients of Duvadilan injection.
- If you have low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you have fast/irregular heartbeats.
- If you have any recent bleeding conditions.
Side effects of Duvadilan 5 MG
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Duvadilan 5 MG
Can I take Duvadilan injection during pregnancy?
The information on the safety of Duvadilan injection in the first two trimesters is not known. However, this medication is given in the third trimester of pregnancy to avoid premature labour.
Can I take Duvadilan injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Duvadilan injection can be passess into breast milk. So consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have injected Duvadilan?
You can get symptoms such as dizziness after using Duvadilan injection. Do not drive in such a case.
Can I consume alcohol with Duvadian Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Duvadilan injection, it is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it can make you dizzy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying medical conditions like heart-related disorder, bleeding disorder or glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes).
- You have recently delivered a baby.
- You have an active bleeding disorder.
- You have delivered a baby a few hours ago.
- Duvadilan injection can make you feel dizzy. So, it is advised to get up slowly if you are rising up from a sitting or lying position.
- It should not be used on children.
Mode of Action of Duvadilan 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Duvadian Injection works by widening the blood vessels and thus, increasing the blood flow to the muscles and other tissues of the body.
Directions for Use of Duvadilan 5 MG
Duvadian Injection is usually injected into a muscle or vein by a qualified healthcare professional. Do not try to self-administer this medicine.
Interactions of Duvadilan 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Duvadlan Injection works or Duvadilan 2ml itself can affect the way certain medicines work when taken together.
- Especially when taken along with medicines like antihypertensives, antipsychotics, diuretics, painkillers, etc.
- Individuals may experience lightheadedness, dizziness, changes in pulse or heart rate, fainting when this medicine is taken along with tizanidine.
Storage and disposal of Duvadilan 5 MG
- Store Duvadian Injection at or below 25°C and place it away from direct exposure to light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not store or use the portion remaining in the vials once opened.
- Consult with your pharmacist to know how this medication has to be discarded. Do not dispose of through wastewater.
Dosage of Duvadilan 5 MG
The likelihood that you will overdose on Duvadian Injection is very less as the injection is usually given under the supervision of medical healthcare professional.
Missed a Dose
As Duvadian Injection dosage is injected into you by a medical professional in a hospital or clinic, the possibility of missing a dose is very low.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Duvadilan injection a habit-forming?
A: There are no reports of Duvadilan being habit-forming.
Q: What do you have to mention to your doctor before using Duvadilan injection?
A: You should give a detailed medical and surgical history to your doctor. All the medications, herbal preparations or nutritional supplements that you are consuming should also be mentioned.
Q: Can a patient having haemophilia use Duvadilan injection?
A: A patient with haemophilia or any bleeding disorder should not use Duvadian Injection.
Q: How is Duvadilan administered?
A: Duvadilan injection is given by intramuscular or intravenous administration.
Q: Can Duvadilan be injected into children?
A: Duvadilan injection should not be used in children.
Q: How do you give Duvadilan injection?
A: Duvadilan injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic. The doctor will decide the route of administration. Do not self-inject.
Q: What is Duvadilan Inj?
A: Duvadilan Injection contains Isoxsuprine as its active component. It is a vasodilator medicine used to increase the flow of blood in blood vessels in conditions such as arteriosclerosis, Buerger's disease, Raynaud's disease and premature labour.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Isoxsuprine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Isoxsuprine hydrochloride [Internet] Toxnet. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Isoxsuprine (oral route, injection route) [Internet]. Mayoclinic.com. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.