Dutaprost 0.5mg Tablet
By EAST WEST PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dutaprost Tablet is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with enlarged prostate. It is a condition characterized by urinary problems such as difficulty in passing urine, voided urine, pain while urinating, etc. Dutaprost Tablet contains dutasteride as its active ingredient. Avoid handling Dutaprost Tablet with bare hands, as it can get absorbed through the skin. This medicine releases in semen and if gets exposed to the growing fetus it may adversely harm the growing fetus. This medicine may alter sperm motility, counts, and can also cause harm to the growing fetus if it is exposed to the affected semen. If pregnant women come in contact with the capsule, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water....
|You Save||₹28.93 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)|
|Side effects||Erectile dysfunction, breast enlargement, dizziness, altered sexual activiity|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Dutasteride(0.5 Mg)
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Dutaprost 0.5mg Tablet
Uses of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
Dutaprost Tablet is used to symptomatically treat Benign Prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate.
Contraindications of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to dutasteride or any other ingredient of Dutaprost Tablet.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
- If you are a woman, child and adolescent.
Side effects of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulty in ejaculation
- Decreased sperm count
- Breast enlargement
- Altered sexual activity
Precautions and Warnings of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
Can I take Dutaprost Tablet during pregnancy?
Dutaprost Tablet is specially designed for men. Pregnant women should not come in contact with this medicine, as it gets absorbed via skin and can adversely affect growing fetus. Thus, pregnant women should avoid contact with this medicine.
Can I take Dutaprost Tablet while breastfeeding?
Dutaprost Tablet is specially designed for men. It should not be used by nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dutaprost Tablet?
Dutaprost Tablet does not alter the driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Dutaprost Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol with Dutaprost Tablet as may lead to an increase in the side effect.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver problems, your doctor may advise a few liver function tests before and during the course of treatment.
- You are sexually active.
- Your partner is pregnant, exposing her to your semen may adversely affect your baby.
- You are undergoing prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test, as Dutaprost Tablet may alter the results.
- You notice or experience any lump in the breast or discharge from the nipple, pain and breast enlargement, after taking this medicine.
- Dutaprost Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Dutasteride lowers the production of dihydrotestosterone by blocking the enzyme 5 alfa reductase, responsible for the enlargement of the prostate. Thus, helps in improving the symptoms of BPH such as difficulty in passing urine and a need to go to the urination frequently, straining and dribbling of urine....
Directions for Use of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
Dutaprost Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dutaprost Tablet works, or dutasteride itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pet.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Dutaprost 0.5 MG
If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine then consult your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dutaprost Tablet?
A: Dutaprost Tablet is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) with enlarged prostate in men. Symptoms of BPH are difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination, dribbling of urine.
Q: Is Dutaprost Tablet affects the fertility?
A: Yes, Dutaprost Tablet affects the sperm characteristics such as decreases the motility, count and volume of the semen. Thus, it indirectly affects fertility.
Q: Is Dutaprost Tablet a steroid?
A: No, it is not a steroid. It belongs to a class of medications called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. It works by blocking the production of a natural substance that enlarges the prostate.
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.