Donecept M Tablet
Donecept M Tablet Description
Donecept M Tablet is an anti-Alzheimer's medicine that is used to treat Alzheimer's dementia. Alzheimer's dementia is a type of brain disorder that gradually causes memory loss, mood and behaviour ch
anges, confusion, and difficulty speaking, swallowing or walking. Donecept M Tablet contains a combination of donepezil and memantine as its active ingredients that work by preventing or slowing down the damage to the nerves. Avoid taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor as per your signs and symptoms.
- Donep M Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 290.00₹ 246.50₹
- Donamem 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 174.00₹ 147.90₹
Uses of Donecept M Tablet
Contraindications of Donecept M Tablet
- If you are allergic to donepezil, memantine, or any other ingredient of Donecept M Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any piperidine derivatives.
Side effects of Donecept M Tablet
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Donecept M Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have heart, liver, or kidney problems.
- You have stomach or duodenal ulcers.
- You have asthma or any other lung problems.
- You experience seizures (fits) or convulsions.
- You have any surgery planned including dental surgery where anaesthesia may be used.
- You are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- You experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea that lasts for a long time.
- You have bladder problems or difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Donecept M Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Donecept M Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Donecept M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Donecept M Tablet works, or this Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for Parkinson's disease (amantadine), pain-relief (ketamine), cough (dextromethorphan), fungal infections (ketoconazole), abnormal heart rhythm (quinidine), seizures/fits (phenytoin, phenobarbital), inflammation (dexamethasone), tuberculosis (rifampin), anticholinergics (atropine, dicyclomine)....
- Donecept M Tablet should be used with caution with medicines that can make the urine alkaline (carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, sodium bicarbonate).
- The use of Donecept M Tablet with skeletal muscle relaxants (succinylcholine) or bethanechol may increase the effect of Donecept M Tablet in the body.
Storage and disposal of Donecept M Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.