Donecept 5mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Donecept Tablet is used to treat Alzheimer's dementia. Donecept Tablet contains donepezil as the active ingredient. This medicine works by inhibiting the action of the chemical acetylcholinesterase, which is responsible for breaking down a molecule called acetylcholine in the brain. This raises the brain levels of acetylcholine which is associated with memory and recollection. This medicine should only be used for adults older than 18 years of age. Avoid taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor as per your signs and symptoms....
|You Save||₹18.48 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, diarrhoea, muscle cramps|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR ALZHEIMER DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Donepezil(5.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Donecept 5mg Tablet
Uses of Donecept 5 MG
Donecept Tablet is used for the treatment of Alzheimer's dementia.
Contraindications of Donecept 5 MG
- If you are allergic to donepezil or any other ingredient of Donecept Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any piperidine derivatives.
Side effects of Donecept 5 MG
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Donecept 5 MG
Can I take Donecept Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of Donecept Tablet during pregnancy. As a precautionary measure, do not use this tablet if you are pregnant.
Can I take Donecept Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available regarding the excretion of Donecept Tablet in breastmilk. To avoid any risks to the baby, do not use this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Donecept Tablet?
Donecept Tablet may influence your ability to drive. If you experience dizziness, tiredness or muscle cramps after taking this medicine, it is suggested that you do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Donecept Tablet?
Alcohol interacts with Donecept Tablet and reduces its levels in the body which decreases the effect of the medicine. Thus, consumption of alcohol should be avoided when taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a heart disease.
- You suffer from liver problems or kidney problems.
- You have stomach or duodenal ulcers.
- You have asthma or any other lung disease.
- You experience seizures (fits) or convulsions.
- You experience any involuntary or abnormal movements of the tongue, face or body.
- You have low levels of magnesium or potassium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Donecept 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Donecept Tablet acts by inhibiting a chemical in the brain called acetylcholinesterase that is responsible for breaking down a substance called acetylcholine. Acetylcholine helps you to remember things. This medicine increases the level of acetylcholine in the brain and thus treats the symptoms of dementia in people with Alzheimer's disease....
Directions for Use of Donecept 5 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Donecept 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Donecept works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Care should particularly be taken if you are taking anti-fungals (ketoconazole, itraconazole), antibiotics (erythromycin, clarithromycin, rifampicin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin), anti-depressants (fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, amitriptyline), anti-convulsants (phenytoin, carbamazepine), pain-killers (aspirin, ibuprofen, diclofenac), anti-psychotics (pimozide, sertindole, ziprasidone), anti-cholinergics (tolterodine), medicines for a heart condition (quinidine, beta-blockers like propranolol and atenolol) or other Alzheimer's disease medication (galantamine)....
Storage and disposal of Donecept 5 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Donecept 5 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Donecept Tablet include severe nausea, vomiting, drooling and sweating. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of medicines. However, if you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the best time of the day to take Donecept Tablet?
A: The doctor will suggest you the best time of the day to take Donecept Tablet depending on your condition, other medications that you take, food, and lifestyle habits.
Q: For how long should I take Donecept Tablet?
A: Donecept Tablet should be taken at the same dose and same frequency exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor will advise you on how long you should continue to take this medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I take Donecept Tablet along with my other regular medicines?
A: Your doctor will recommend whether you can take Donecept Tablet if you are taking or have recently taken other medicines. Please inform your doctor about any other medicines that you are taking, including nonprescription medicines.
- Donepezil hydrochloride 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022].
- Donepezil Hydrochloride 10 mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.