Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Domnox Plus tablet is a prescription medicine. It is used to manage the symptoms of schizophrenia (a mental disorder), Parkinson’s disease (a central nervous system disorder that causes movement prob
lems and tremors), and anxiety. The active ingredients in Domnox Plus tablets are trifluoperazine and trihexyphenidyl. Trifluoperazine belongs to the class of antipsychotic medications. The mode of action of Domnox Plus tablets is to block certain receptors and improve behaviour and mood. However, trifluoperazine causes side effects like involuntary limb shaking and muscle spasms. Trihexyphenidyl is added to Domnox Plus tablets to prevent and manage these side effects. Direction for use of Domnox Plus tablets should be strictly followed. Most of the side effects of Domnox Plus tablets do not require any medical intervention as they subside gradually. However, the doctor should be alerted in case of persistent or worsening symptoms. Abrupt stoppage of this medicine can cause sweating, nervousness, vomiting, dizziness, etc.
|You Save||₹2.16 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Trifluoperazine(5.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease, Anxiety|
|Side effects||Nausea, Weight gain, Constipation, Sedation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dryness in mouth, Increased prolactin level in the blood, Urinary retention, Dizziness, Blurred vision.|
Uses of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- As per CDSCO, the Domnox Plus tablet is used for:
- Managing positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia (reduces strong and inappropriate symptoms, disturbed/unusual thinking, etc.)
- Treatment of symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease (reduces involuntary movements)
- Treatment of neurosis (a mental disorder) as a psychoneurotic medicine
Contraindications of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Do not take Domnox Plus tablets, or use caution:
- If you have known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of the Domnox Plus tablet.
- If you are pregnant; Domnox Plus tablets can adversely affect the foetus, especially if taken in the third trimester.
- If you are nursing; consult your doctor before taking Domnox Plus medicine.
- If you have severe central nervous system (CNS) depression (slow and steady decline of breathing).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (a condition with increased pressure in the eye); this medicine worsens this condition.
- If you are already suffering from conditions like tardive dyskinesia (involuntary face movements).
- If you have dementia (memory loss); this medicine can increase the side effects and cause death. Dose adjustment is required.
- If you have infectious diarrhoea; Domnox Plus tablets make eliminating bacteria difficult.
- If you have not reached adulthood. This medicine is not meant for children under 18.
- If you have a urinary problem; Domnox Plus medicine can worsen it.
Side effects of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Side effects of Domnox Plus tablets include:
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Urinary retention
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden fall in blood pressure with position change)
Precautions and Warnings of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have hypertension or high blood pressure. This medicine can further increase blood pressure.
- You have seizure syndrome. Use extreme caution, as this medicine can increase the risk of seizures.
- You are an older adult. Dose adjustment is needed to prevent excessive side effects due to slow metabolism in this age group.
- You have been out in the sun for a long time. This medicine can cause heatstroke.
- You use any herbal or Ayurvedic medicines and supplements.
- You suddenly stopped using Domnox Plus tablets. This can cause neuroleptic malignant syndrome (fever, altered mental status, muscle stiffness, etc.).
Mode of Action of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Domnox Plus tablets in the recommended dose and duration.
- You can have these tablets with or without meals. Take it with food in case of stomach issues.
- Do not take more than a single tablet at one time without informing the doctor, as this can lead to an overdose.
- Use it immediately after opening the package.
- Try to swallow the tablet entirely with a glass of water, and do not break or chew the tablet.
- Try to take this medication on time.
- Check the expiration date before using this medicine.
- Consult the doctor if you want to give it to a child under 18. This medicine is not indicated for this age group.
Interactions of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Domnox Plus tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all current medication to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines are known to interact with Domnox Plus tablets....
- Do not take Domnox Plus tablets if you already use high blood pressure medication. This medicine can further increase blood pressure.
- Use of Domnox Plus tablets with opioid or narcotic pain relievers can cause drowsiness.
- If you use medicines that lower lung secretions or saliva, Domnox Plus tablets will negate the effects of those medicines.
- Do not use other antipsychotics, anticonvulsants, and anti-Parkinsonian medicines with Domnox Plus tablets. It can cause adverse reactions.
- Domnox Plus tablets also interact with other medicines like antihistamines (allergy medicine), blood thinners (warfarin), heart medicines, and fever-reducing medicines.
Storage and disposal of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Domnox Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Domnox Plus tablets cause heatstroke?
Q: Will I gain weight if I use Domnox Plus tablets daily?
Q: Can I stop taking the Domnox Plus tablet if I feel well?
- Trifluoperazine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 17 Mar 2022] -
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- Trihexyphenidyl: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- Dabhade SL, Shetty AS, Ahmed M, Gopinath B, Sridhar K, Sureja ML. Simultaneous estimation of Trifluoperazine hydrochloride and Trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride in combined dosage form BY RP-HPLC method [Internet]. Int. J. Chem. Sci. 2010. 8(3): 1684-1694 [cited 17 Mar 2022] -