Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Dolobak is a prescription medication that is a potent painkiller used in the management of moderate to severe acute pain. It is a combination of two active medicines, Tramadol and Paracetamol, each o
f which works differently to decrease pain. Tramadol is an opioid that acts on the brain to produce effects to decrease pain, otherwise known as analgesia. Paracetamol is a medication that reduces fever and pain. Pain is an uncomfortable sensation that can manifest as a throbbing, stabbing, burning, or pricking sensation. It is a way for the nervous system to indicate that something is wrong with the body. Inform your doctor about any medicine you are taking at the time of prescribing Dolobak. As it contains an opioid, this medication has tendencies to form habits and is therefore indicated only for use over a short period of time. It also has potential for misuse, and hence, careful use of this medication is important.
|You Save||₹16.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tramadol(37.5 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Moderate to severe acute pain management|
|Side effects||Nausea, Dizziness, Indigestion, abdominal pain, Constipation, Headache, Confusion, Difficulty in urination, Itching, Sleepiness|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
- According to CDSCO, Dolobak is used in the treatment of moderate to severe acute pain.
Contraindications of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to any of the medicine components.
- If you have known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus.
- It is contraindicated in children less than 12 years.
- It is contraindicated for postoperative management in children <18 years following tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
- If you have severe/acute bronchial asthma in an unmonitored setting or in the absence of resuscitative equipment.
- If you have significant respiratory depression.
- If you suffer from severe active liver disease.
- Cautions for using this medication:
- Serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression has been reported in children treated with tramadol.
- Usage of this medicine exposes users to risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse.
- Caution in liver/kidney impairment and heart failure.
Side effects of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Indigestion, abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You must inform your doctor if you have any history of using habit-forming substances in the past.
- You must not take this medication without consulting a doctor. Using Dolobak for mild pain or minor injuries is not advisable.
- You must contact your doctor in case of dizziness, fainting, extreme tiredness, or difficulty in staying awake.
Mode of Action of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician only.
- It is recommended to take this medicine with food.
- Swallow this medication as a whole.
- Do not crush, chew, or break this tablet.
- This medication is recommended for use over a short period of time only. It should not be taken for longer than prescribed.
Interactions of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medications that affect the metabolism of tramadol must be avoided. These may increase or decrease the level of the medication. Some examples include amiodarone and quinidine.
- Co-administration of opioids with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants, including alcohol, may result in profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death.
- Co-administration with medicines that increase the level of serotonin in the body may increase the risk for serotonin syndrome. Serotonergic medicines include antidepressants like sertraline, escitalopram, fluoxetine, etc....
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) must not be coadministered with Dolobak or within 14 days of taking this medication. This can be life-threatening. Examples include Selegiline, Rasagiline.
Interactions with food items
- There are no specific interactions of Dolobak with food.
Storage and disposal of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Dolobak Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this tablet effective in the treatment of headaches?
Q: I was prescribed Dolobak for a back injury, and it had helped me. Now my backache has returned. Can I restart this tablet?
Q: I have had stomach pain and cramps for many days. Will this tablet help?
- Gerriets V, Anderson J, Nappe TM. Acetaminophen. [Updated 2021 Jul 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
- Dhesi M, Maldonado KA, Maani CV. Tramadol. [Updated 2021 May 25]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
- ULTRAM (tramadol hydrochloride) tablets.
- Pergolizzi, J. V., Jr, van de Laar, M., Langford, R., Mellinghoff, H. U., Merchante, I. M., Nalamachu, S., O'Brien, J., Perrot, S., & Raffa, R. B. (2012). Tramadol/paracetamol fixed-dose combination in the treatment of moderate to severe pain. Journal of pain research, 5, 327–346.