Dolo Suspension 60ml
Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML Description
Dolo Suspension contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen as its active ingredient. It is used to provide relief from fever and pain in children. It acts by inhibiting the release of a chemic
al substance called prostaglandins, responsible for controlling body temperature. This medicine is meant to be used only in children. Shake the bottle well before use. Give the Dolo Suspension as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Use appropriate measuring cups to give your child the exact stated dose.
Uses of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
Contraindications of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
- If your child is allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Dolo Suspension.
- If you are giving your child any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
Precautions and Warnings of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- Your child had or has severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are giving your child any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol.
- Giving too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- Dolo Suspension should not be used in adults.
Mode of Action of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
- Give medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
Interactions of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Dolo Suspension.
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like chloramphenicol.
Storage and disposal of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
- Store Dolo Suspension at or below 25°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Dolo 156.25 MG/5ML
- Giving Dolo Suspension in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
- However, if you have taken too much of Dolo Suspension, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose then give it, as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Dolo Suspension be used in babies?
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Dolo Suspension?
Q: Can Dolo Suspension cause constipation?
Q: Is Dolo effective for fever?
Q: How long does Dolo Suspension take to work?
- Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Acetaminophen [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Oral Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]