Diclowin Plus Tablet
By WINGS PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diclowin Plus tablet is used for relieving headache, body ache, backache, joint pain and toothache. It also helps in reducing swelling, pain and stiffness in case of arthritis and spondylitis. It contains a combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol. Diclowin Plus tablet is an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving medicine. It works by reducing the formation of certain chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. Please discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine, especially if you have liver or kidney problems, blood clotting issues, asthma, any autoimmune disorders or ulcers.
Uses of Diclowin Plus Tablet
Diclowin Plus tablet is used for relieving pain and inflammation associated with various conditions.
Contraindications of Diclowin Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Diclofenac or other ingredients of Diclowin Plus tablet.
- If you experience asthma, skin rashes, swelling & allergies after taking aspirin or any other painkillers.
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers and bleeding or have an active ulcer.
- If you have severe heart problems such as heart failure, high blood pressure or brain disorder.
- If you have liver and kidney disorder or dysfunction.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Diclowin Plus Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Black stools
- Loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Diclowin Plus Tablet
Can I take Diclowin Plus tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take Diclowin Plus tablet during pregnancy; hence it should not be taken by a pregnant woman. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delayed delivery or increase the risk of bleeding.
Can I take Diclowin Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to take Diclowin Plus tablet if you are breastfeeding. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diclowin Plus tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Diclowin Plus tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Diclowin Plus tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Diclowin Plus tablet as it may worsen your liver problems. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders; this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems such as bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma as Diclowin Plus tablet can worsen the same.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood clotting.
- You suffer from skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Diclowin Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Diclowin Plus tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for swelling and pain.
Directions for Use of Diclowin Plus Tablet
Diclowin Plus tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken before or after food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Diclowin Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines containing Paracetamol component because there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Diclowin can interfere with other medicines used for treating high blood pressure.
- Water pills if taken along with Diclowin Plus can lead to kidney damage.
- Diclowin Plus can increase the levels of Digoxin(used to treat heart failure) and lithium(used to treat Brain disorders) if taken concomitantly.
- Medicines such as ciclosporin & tacrolimus used to modify immune response can result in kidney damage if taken with Diclowin Plus.
- Diclowin Plus increases your risk of getting stomach ulcers or bleeding if taken along with steroidal medicines.
- Diclowin Plus increases the risk of bleeding if taken with blood thinners such as Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of getting fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin
- If you are taking medicines for treating diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Diclowin Plus should be taken one hour before, or 4-6 hours after consumption of Colestipol and Cholestyramine (medicines used to lower cholesterol levels).
- Diclowin Plus should not be consumed least for 8-10 days after taking a medicine containing Mifepristone.
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines such as Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin (medicines to treat brain-related disorders).
- Probenecid (used to treat gout), Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis), Zidovudine ( used for HIV infections), herbal prepration such as St. John's Wort and Methotrexate should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Diclowin Plus Tablet
- Store the tablets in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Diclowin Plus Tablet
Taking Diclowin Plus tablet more than the prescribed quantity may result in severe liver damage. Other symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits and difficulty in breathing. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Diclowin Plus tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Diclowin Plus tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can children use Diclowin Plus tablet?
A: No, Diclowin Plus tablet is meant to be used by adults only. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting a paediatrician.
Q: Can I take paracetamol with Diclowin Plus tablet?
A: Diclowin Plus tablet contains paracetamol and aceclofenac. Do not take additional paracetamol if your pain is not relieved. Kindly consult your doctor as the doctor may increase the dose or add another medicine based on your medical condition.
Q: Is Diclowin Plus tablet a pain-killer?
A: Yes, Diclowin Plus tablet is a pain killer.
Q: Can Diclowin Plus be used for knee pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for knee joint pain. It helps in relieving the pain and swelling associated with knee joint pain. Knee pain could be due to various reasons such as fracture, ligament tear, tendon rupture or arthritis due to ageing. It is advised to discuss with your doctor if you have any special medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Q: What can I do to reduce the after-effects of Diclowin Plus
- To avoid the after-effects, you should always take this medicine with food, in the lowest possible dose and for the shortest duration.
- Avoid taking any other OTC products to eliminate any possible interaction.
- Do not take it before any cardiac surgeries and if you have an existing ulcer or a bleeding problem.
- If you are planning to take this medicine for a long term, discuss with your doctor for a safer alternative.
Q: Is Diclowin Plus tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Diclowin Plus tablet is an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving medicine.
Q: How to take Diclowin Plus tablet?
A: Take Diclowin Plus tablet as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹3 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Diclofenac(50.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion, constipation|
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved