Dexane 4mg Tablet
By SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dexane Tablet is used for the treatment of various inflammatory conditions, allergies, auto-immune conditions and manage the symptoms and side effects of certain types of cancer. It contains Dexamethasone, which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. It works by reducing the formation of inflammation-causing substances in the body. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. Dexane should be avoided by pregnant women and should be given to children under medical supervision. You may sometimes experience side effects like depression, increased appetite, indigestion, nervousness, decreased wound healing, mood swings, hallucinations, etc while on treatment with Dexane Tablet. Most of the side effects are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹65.70 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Allergy, swelling, auto-immune disorders|
|Side effects||Anxiety, stomach discomforts, insomnia, mood swings|
Check more medicines with composition as Dexamethasone(4.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Dexane 4mg Tablet
Uses of Dexane 4 MG
- Dexane is a steroid medicine used to treat various inflammatory conditions and auto-immune disorders
- For relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and various conditions, for eaxmple arthritis
- To treat various allergies associated with the skin (eczema, erythroderma) and lung disorders (asthma attack)
- It is also used in cancer therapy to reduce some specific symptoms and side effects to improve the quality of life
Contraindications of Dexane 4 MG
If you are allergic to dexamethasone or any other components of this medicine
Side effects of Dexane 4 MG
- The side effects of this Tablet are highly dependent on the dose and duration of the treatment. You may experience anxiety, stomach discomforts, insomnia, mood swings, dizziness, and restlessness
- Prolonged use of this medicine can suppress the activity of adrenal glands and induce Cushing's syndrome characterised by a moon face, obesity, and pink-purple stretch marks
- Other side effects are visual disturbances, blood-related disorders, skin reactions, weak immunity, high blood pressure and masking of underlying infections
Precautions and Warnings of Dexane 4 MG
Can I take Dexane Tablets during pregnancy?
Dexane is not recommended during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester. It may increase the risk of growth retardation, abnormal brain development and cleft palate/lip in the fetus. Cases of cataracts also have been observed in babies born to mothers taking steroids for long term. Thus, it should be taken when the doctor recommends after assessing the benefits and the risks to an unborn baby.
Can I take Dexane Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dexane Tablet?
It is less likely to affect your driving abilities. However, you should not drive if you experience any side effects which can hamper your ability to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Dexane Tablets?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies, rise in blood sugar levels, or you have diabetes
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract
- You are elderly or you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases
- You are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment, discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine, as it can impair the fertility of an individual.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis
- Dexane may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers
- Children and adolescents consuming steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth in children
- Dexane makes you more prone for infections, in case you are suffering from an infection like a fungal infection, measles and chickenpox
- You are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, discuss your condition with a doctor
Mode of Action of Dexane 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Dexane is a steroidal medication. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation and during organ transplantation and helps in reducing symptoms such as pain, swelling, and allergic reactions. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Dexane 4 MG
- Take Dexane Tablet regularly as directed by your doctor
- This medicine should be taken with meal or after eating a meal
- It should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of liquid
Interactions of Dexane 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Contraceptives, when taken with this medicine can prolong the effect of Dexane Tablet
- Antacid medicine containing salts of aluminium and magnesium should be used after a gap of 2-hours with this medicine
- Rifampicin, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Ephedrine, and Primidone can reduce the effect of this medicine
- Concomitant use of Dexane Tablet with antifungal medicines such as Ketoconazole and Itraconazole can increase the effect of this medicine. Variations in blood count can be seen if this medicine is taken with medicines used to treat high blood pressure such as Enalapril and Captopril...
- Digoxin medicines used to treat heart failure when consumed along with this medicine can reduce the potassium levels in the body
- Dexane can reduce the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and can also reduce the anticoagulant effect of medicines like Coumarin
- There can be increased the risk of ulcers and bleeding in the digestive tract when painkillers such as Aspirin and Indomethacin are taken with this medicine
- Dexane when taken with muscle relaxants, muscle relaxing effect is prolonged
- Atropine or other medicines used to dilate pupil can increase pressure inside your eyes, if used with this medicine
- Medicines used to suppress immune response such as Cyclosporin can increase the risk of getting infections, if taken along with this medicine
- Dexane should not be consumed within 8 weeks if you have received any live vaccine
Storage and disposal of Dexane 4 MG
- Store the Tablets at room temperature and away from moisture
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Dexane 4 MG
The overdose of Dexane Tablets can affect your metabolic and hormonal activity. The symptoms are very similar to side effects such as salt imbalance, swelling of face, stomach discomforts, and brain-related side effects. Reach out to the nearest hospital or contact your doctor in case there is no improvement. If the patient experiences seizures and breathing difficulties rush immediately to emergency medical support....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Dexane Tablet be given to children?
A: Dexane Tablets should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under the supervision of an adult. Giving steroids to children for a long term can impair their growth.
Q: Is Dexane an antibiotic?
A: No, Dexane Tablet is not an antibiotic. It is a steroid used to treat swelling and inflammation.
Q: Can I stop taking Dexane Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking Dexane abruptly as it can result in steroidal withdrawal symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite, diarrhoea and vomiting. Steroid medicines should be stopped by reducing the dose slowly without stopping the treatment abruptly. You should always consult your doctor about this matter.
Q: Is there any side effect of Dexane?
A: Lack of sleep, anxiety, stomach discomfort, restlessness, weak immunity, visual disturbance etc. are few common side effects of this medicine. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: Is Dexane a steroid?
A: Yes, Dexane Tablet contains the steroid dexamethasone as its active ingredient. It is a hormone that produce in the human body and is responsible for body functions. It suppresses the immune response in allergies and inflammation.
- Dexamethasone 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexalone Tablet [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexamethasone 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexamethasone Tablets and liquid: a medicine used to treat inflammatory conditions and sickness (vomiting) [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.