Lobate Gm Neo Cream
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lobate-GM cream is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in the various skin conditions associated with bacterial or fungal or mixed skin infections. This cream helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Lobate-GM Neo cream contains a combination of three medicines, Clobetasol, Neomycin and Miconazole. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. Neomycin is an antibacterial agent and Miconazole is an antifungal agent. Lobate-GM cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
Uses of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
Lobate-GM cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation complicated by superficial bacterial or fungal infection. It helps in managing the symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol, Neomycin, Miconazole or any of the ingredients in this cream.
- It should not be used for treating infection in and around genitals or anal area, face, acne and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream for acne, rashes or skin conditions around your mouth and in external ear canal.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 2 year of age and for nappy rash.
Side effects of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
Can I apply Lobate-GM Cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Lobate-GM cream in human pregnancy. In case you are prescribed with this cream, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Lobate-GM Cream while breastfeeding?
Lobate-GM cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Lobate-GM Cream?
Lobate-GM cream is to be applied externally and is less likely to influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Lobate-GM Cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Lobate-GM cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing any allergic reactions of the skin after applying this cream
- You are experiencing other infections after applying this cream
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Using this medicine for prolonged duration can cause HPA axis suppression and hamper production of certain hormones.
Mode of Action of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
- Use Lobate-GM cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Lobate-GM cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 7 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Lobate-GM Cream is for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.read less
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Lobate-GM cream with other medicines. However, as Lobate-GM Cream contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as Erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like Warfarin and Verapamil used in heart problems.read less
Storage and disposal of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
- Store Lobate-GM cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine that is no longer required properly.
Dosage of Lobate Gm Neo Cream
Lobate-GM skin cream is for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, using this cream excessively can lead to temporary skin irritation which. Upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
Missing an application of Lobate-GM Cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed applying this cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally ingest Lobate-GM cream?
A: If you accidentally ingest Lobate-GM cream, you may experience stomach discomforts, inform your doctor immediately.
Q: Can Lobate-GM Cream be used in children?
A: Lobate-GM cream should not be used in children below the age of 1 year. The skin of children is very delicate and thin compared to adults can absorb larger amounts of this cream which can lead to side effects. Also, this medicine contains steroids which can interfere with the growth of children.
Q: Can I use Lobate-GM cream for pimples?
A: No, Lobate-GM cream should not be used for any conditions other than prescribed. Especially you should refrain from using it on the face as the skin of your face is very delicate and sensitive.
Q: Is Lobate-GM cream a steroid?
A: Yes, Lobate-GM cream contains Clobetasol which is a steroid and is effective against inflammation and swelling.
Q: I am having a history of rashes with the use of other medicine, should I use Lobate-GM cream?
A: Lobate-GM cream may also produce rashes to severe allergic reactions in the body. So it is always advisable to tell your doctor about medicine allergy history beforehand.
Q: Can I use Lobate-GM cream for fungal infection?
A: Yes, Lobate cream contains components that can be used for fungal infections. However, it is very important to consult a doctor before using this cream as fungal infection can be due to various reasons and it is important to get them checked and use the appropriate medicine. It is highly advised to avoid self-medication and use this medicine only for the condition that it is prescribed for.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹12.98 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %),Miconazole(2.0 %),Neomycin(0.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, thinning of skin|
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved