Depranex 5mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Depranex 5 mg Tablet is used for depression and panic disorders. They are very easy to use and should only be taken after a doctor’s recommendation. Citalopram is the main ingredient used in Depranex Tablets. It belongs to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, a class of medications. Depranex 5 mg tablets act on our central nervous system and help relieve the symptoms of depression and panic disorders. The dosage of this medication may vary from person to person depending upon age, sex and condition. Depranex 5 mg tablets should be used with precaution in patients with pathology of liver or kidney conditions as dose adjustments may be needed....
|You Save||₹9.21 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, an anxiety disorder.|
|Side effects||Nausea,vomiting,constipation,dryness of mouth,decreased sex drive.|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Depranex 5 MG
- Treatment of Major depressive disorder.
- Treatment of Panic disorders.
Contraindications of Depranex 5 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity to citalopram.
- If you are planning for pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
- If you are lactating a child.
- If you have a pathology of liver or kidney.
- If you are taking other antidepressants.
Side effects of Depranex 5 MG
- Dryness of mouth
- Loss of wight
- Decreased sex drive
Precautions and Warnings of Depranex 5 MG
Can I take Depranex Tablets during pregnancy?
No, it is usually not recommended to use Depranex Tablets during pregnancy, as it may be harmful to the foetus. You must consult the doctor before taking Depranex Tablets for proper guidance.
Can I take Depranex Tablets while breastfeeding?
No, it usually is not recommended to use Depranex Tablets during breastfeeding. It may pass from mother to baby through breast milk and cause side effects in the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Depranex Tablets?
No, it is not recommended to drive after taking Depranex Tablet. This medication can cause drowsiness which might affect the coordination ability of the mind and muscles. Thus, it is advised not to drive any machinery or vehicle after taking Depranex Tablets. Consult your physician for more information.
Can I consume alcohol with the Depranex Tablets?
No, it is recommended not to consume alcohol or any of its forms along with Depranex Tablets. Alcohol may decrease the effectiveness of Depranex Tablets and may lead to loss of the coordinating ability of muscles and mind.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart attacks.
- You ever had a stroke.
- You have any bleeding disorder.
- You are having an eye problem.
- You have a dental or any general surgery.
- Before using Depranex Tablets, make sure to give your doctor a detailed history about any medical conditions you are diagnosed with, along with the list of medications you have used or using currently....
Mode of Action of Depranex 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Depranex Tablets directly affect a chemical messenger called serotonin in our central nervous system(brain). The main constituent of this medication is citalopram. Citalopram increases the amount of serotonin in our brain. Serotonin is directly related to influencing our mood and thought process; an increase in its amount helps treat the symptoms of depression and panic disorders; as a result, it increases his focus and elevates his mood. The dose should strictly be taken as per the prescribed amount by the doctor....
Directions for Use of Depranex 5 MG
- Depranex Tablets should only be used if prescribed by a doctor.
- Depranex Tablets can be taken with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Depranex Tablets should be swallowed whole.
- Do not chew or crush it.
- Avoid using Depranex Tablets if the seal of the packet is not intact.
- Do not let anyone else use your medicine.
Interactions of Depranex 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Benzodiazepines may cause an increase in adverse side effects.
- Acarbose may cause a decrease in blood sugar levels.
- Abciximab increases the risk of bleeding.
- Tryptophan may cause an increase in adverse effects.
- With Triflusal, the risk of haemorrhage (bleeding) is increased.
- With Tramadol, the risk of serotonin syndrome increases.
Interactions with food items
- No adverse interaction of Depranex Tablet with any food is known yet. However, you should follow the dietary instructions as advised by your doctor and in case of any weight gain, consult a dietician and do regular exercises....
Storage and disposal of Depranex 5 MG
Depranex Tablets should be stored in a dry place away from humid conditions. It should be stored in an airtight container and kept away from the reach of any pets and children. It should be kept away from exposure to direct sunlight. For disposal instructions, hand over the medicines to the recycling department or discard them along with other biomedical wastes....
Dosage of Depranex 5 MG
In case of an accidental overdose, seek medical attention immediately. Overdosing of Depranex Tablets may result in symptoms like loss of consciousness, vomiting or irregular heartbeat.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose of Depranex Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, it is better to skip the missed dose and continue the scheduled cycle. Consult your physician for more information on how to manage missed doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does Depranex Tablet take to show its full effect?
A: It may usually take about a month(about four weeks) for Depranex Tablets to show their full response.do consult your doctor if you don't notice any positive effects of medication within a month or if the side effects of this medication worsen.
Q: What is the best time to take Depranex Tablet?
A: Being a doctor, I would advise you to take a Depranex Tablet at night before sleeping. Depranex Tablet may cause drowsiness; thus, it's better to take it before bedtime. Take Depranex Tablet at the same time of the day so that some amount of this medication is present in the body at all times.
Q: What is the complication in the eye caused by this medication?
A: Depranex Tablet may cause angle-closure glaucoma in some patients. It is caused due to increase in the pressure inside the eyeballs, and it may cause a decrease in vision. If you experience any problem in your eye while taking this medication, consult your doctor immediately.
- Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022. CDSCO. [online] Available at: <https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs> [Accessed 26 February 2022].
- Drugs, H., 2022. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a603005.html> [Accessed 26 February 2022].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.