By DELCURE LIFESCIENCES
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Delpolite Syrup is used to treat dry cough. It is an oral solution containing ambroxol as the active ingredient. It acts by easing coughing out of sputum. It is used to treat respiratory tract diseases associated with abnormal mucous secretions. You need to follow all the instructions of your doctor while taking this medicine. Some of the common side effects of this Syrup are headache, nausea, and diarrhoea. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel they persist, consult your doctor or visit a clinic immediately. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed, but it is better to take it at the same time every day. Shake the Delpolite Syrup bottle well, before each use. Inform your doctor if you have any existing medical condition and are on any medication for the same....
|You Save||₹8.06 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Respiratory tract disorder associated with mucus|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, runny nose|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Ambroxol(30.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Delpolite Syp
Uses of Delpolite 30 MG
- Delpolite Syrup is used for treating short-duration as well as long-standing diseases of the respiratory tract which are associated with abnormal bronchial secretions.
- It is also used to treat acute attacks of chronic bronchitis in which there is inflammation of the windpipe (bronchi) leading to a long-standing cough and difficulty in breathing.
- It can also be used in the management of asthmatic bronchitis and asthma along with other medications to ease coughing out of the sputum.
- It can also be used to ease coughing out of sputum in case of bronchiectasis in which there is breathing difficulty and long-standing cough formation due to collapse of lung tissue.
- It is also used to ease coughing out of sputum in various infectious conditions like pneumonia, middle ear infection, infection of a paranasal sinus, infection of the nasopharynx.
Contraindications of Delpolite 30 MG
If you are allergic to ambroxol or any other ingredients of Delpolite Syrup.
Side effects of Delpolite 30 MG
- Stomach pain
- Runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Delpolite 30 MG
Can I take Delpolite Syrup during pregnancy?
Delpolite Syrup is not recommended to be used during pregnancy due to limited information available on its safety, especially during the first three months. The baby's organs and other parts form during this phase and it can impact the growth of foetus.
Can I take Delpolite Syrup while breastfeeding?
Ambroxol passes into human milk hence Delpolite Syrup is not recommended during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Delpolite Syrup?
No studies have been performed or there is limited information about the effects of Delpolite Syrup on driving but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Delpolite Syrup?
There is no information about the interaction of Delpolite Syrup directly with alcohol. The breakdown of this medicine in the body takes place mostly in the liver which is damaged by alcohol. So it is advisable not to consume alcohol with this syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have stomach ulcers.
- You have little or no cough production.
- You have any respiratory tract infections.
- You are taking any other medicine to treat your cough or cold.
- You have reduced mucous secretions.
- You develop any serious skin allergy after taking Delpolite Syrup.
Mode of Action of Delpolite 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Delpolite Syrup acts on the inner lining of the respiratory tract and causes an increase in secretions of the respiratory tract. It also stimulates certain cells in the respiratory tract which help in expectoration (coughing out the respiratory secretions). Thus, by increasing the surfactant secretion and facilitating its removal, it helps to remove respiratory secretions easily and ultimately reduces cough....
Directions for Use of Delpolite 30 MG
- You should take Delpolite Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you took this syrup with meals.
- Your physician will decide the amount of this medicine and its frequency.
- If the cough persists for more than 14 days, contact your physician at the earliest.
Interactions of Delpolite 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Delpolite Syrup may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat cough or cold (cough suppressant) with Delpolite Syrup may affect the removal of liquified mucus by inhibiting coughing and cause congestion (stuffy nose).
- Concentrations of certain antibiotics like Amoxicillin, Cefuroxime and Erythromycin are increased in the sputum when taken concomitantly with this syrup.
Interactions with food items
There is no known interaction of Delpolite Syrup with any particular food. However, the patient is advised to avoid spicy, cold and oily foodstuffs to avoid irritation to the throat.
Storage and disposal of Delpolite 30 MG
- Store Delpolite Syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Delpolite 30 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you took the doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect.
- If you have missed any dose of Delpolite Syrup, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Delpolite Syrup for COVID-19?
A: No, the best practice is to visit a doctor if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or tested positive. Avoid self-medication which can place you and your surroundings at unknown risks.
Q: I have a habit of smoking and have cough during sessions of smoking. Can I use Delpolite Syrup for such a cough?
A: Yes, you can use this syrup for cough due to smoking. However, you should avoid smoking if you have a persistent cough due to smoking and consult a doctor for any underlying disease.
Q: Can I use Delpolite Syrup for asthma?
A: Delpolite Syrup may not benefit in controlling asthma during asthmatic attacks. However, it can help in clearing the sputum from the throat and airways.
Q: Is Delpolite an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic. Delpolite Syrup contains ambroxol which belongs to a class of medicines called mucolytics used for relieving cough.
Q: Can I stop taking Delpolite Syrup on my own?
A: It is advised to complete the course of the treatment given by your doctor and does not stop on your own.
Q: Is it okay if I give half my dose to my children?
A: No, children are not small adults. Their body processes are in an elementary stage. Also, they respond to medicines in a different way than adults. Therefore, it is advisable to use the medicines as per the doses prescribed by a child health specialist.
Q: For how long can I take Delpolite Syrup?
A: The doctors usually prescribe it for a short duration. However, if the cough persists for more than 14 days even after taking the syrup, contact your physician at the earliest. Do not take it continuously on your own without consulting a doctor.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.