Decet 150mg Tablets
Decet 150 MG Description
Decet Tablet is used for the treatment of roundworm infections such as filariasis and other infections which can affect various body parts. It contains diethylcarbamazine as the main component that b
elongs to the class of anti-worm medicine. Decet works by interfering with different metabolic processes of the parasite causing disease. Decet Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is advised to complete the course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor to eradicate the disease.
Uses of Decet 150 MG
- Filariasis: A worm infection which is characterized by swelling of limbs and area around genitals.
- Toxocariasis: A worm infection which can affect different organs, it mainly spreads through animals.
- Tropical eosinophilia: A worm infection characterized by coughing, wheezing and fever.
- Loiasis: A worm infection of the eye by a worm loa loa characterized by swelling around eyes.
Contraindications of Decet 150 MG
- If you are allergic to diethylcarbamazine or any other ingredients of Decet Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or think may be pregnant.
- If you have damaged your eyes due to a worm infection called river blindness.
Side effects of Decet 150 MG
- Unusual tiredness
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Decet 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any unusual symptoms after starting the treatment with Decet Tablet
- You experience any allergic reactions after taking this medicine
- You have a history of convulsions, seizures or fits
- You have an eye disorder called river blindness
- You may be asked to get your eyes checked by an eye doctor
- It is advised not to miss any doses of Decet Tablet in such a treatment schedule to help clear up your infection completely.
Mode of Action of Decet 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Decet 150 MG
- Take Decet Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you did not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Decet 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Decet 150 MG
- Store Decet Tablet in a closed container at room temperature.
- Keep it in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight, heat and away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly and do not throw them in wastewater.
Dosage of Decet 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What happens in filariasis?
Q: Is Decet Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can I take Decet Tablet if I get worm infestation in my gut?
- Diethylcarbamazine: [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Goodman&Gillman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics (12th Ed). Diethylcarbamazine. [Data on file]
- BANOCIDE / BANOCIDE FORTE (Diethylcarbamazine Citrate Tablets IP) [Internet]. Indiapharmagsk.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]