Cytolog 200mcg Tablet
Cytolog 200 MCG Description
Cytolog tablet is strictly used under medical supervision for the prescribed clinical condition only. This medication acts by increasing uterine contractions. Cytolog tablet can be taken with food, on an empty stomach, or as per your gynaecologist's advice. Take the Cytolog tablet tablet orally. Swallow the whole tablet with a drink of water or juice. Consult your if you vomit this tablet within 30 minutes of intake. The medicine takes 24 hours to initiate its action, and then you will start with bleeding. Common side effects of Cytolog tablet include infection, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, uterine cramping, and heavy bleeding. If these side effects appear serious, let your gynaecologist know. Post medication vaginal bleeding may last for 10-12 days. Inform your gynaecologist if it continues after 12 days or if you experience unbearable cramps. Before starting Cytolog tablet, tell your doctor if you have ever had an ectopic pregnancy or used an intrauterine contraceptive device. Avoid Cytolog tablets if you are nursing your baby.
Uses of Cytolog 200 MCG
Contraindications of Cytolog 200 MCG
- If you are allergic to misoprostol or other constituents in this tablet.
- If your pregnancy is ectopic.
- If you have anaemia.
- If you are suffering from heart disease or diabetes.
- If you are using an intrauterine device like copper-T.
- If you have chronic adrenal failure.
- If you have unexplained vaginal bleeding or have a hemorrhagic disorder.
Side effects of Cytolog 200 MCG
- Uterine contractions
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Cytolog 200 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You've ever had an ectopic pregnancy.
- You have an intrauterine device.
- You must not smoke while taking Cytolog tablet, as heavy smoking can have adverse effects.
- You must not use it after the 10th week of pregnancy (up to 70 days after the first day of your last menstrual period).
- You may experience vaginal bleeding after taking Cytolog tablet, which lasts for around 12 days. If you experience significant bleeding or severe abdominal pain, call your doctor right away.
- You must take Cytolog tablet within 63 days of the beginning day of your last menstrual period. An unfinished MTP might have medical consequences.
Directions for Use of Cytolog 200 MCG
- Take it within 63 days of the start of your last menstrual cycle.
- Ensure you take it 36–48 hours after mifepristone.
- After taking this medication, you should rest for at least 3 hours.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes of taking the tablet, call your doctor right away.
- Take Cytolog tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- It has no impact on fertility. To avoid pregnancy, use contraception.
- Avoid aggressive activities such as extreme exercise, jogging, or driving when using MTP with Cytolog tablets because they can aggravate the bleeding.
- Consult your gynaecologist before starting Cytolog tablet pills if you have an intrauterine device.
Storage and disposal of Cytolog 200 MCG
Dosage of Cytolog 200 MCG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Cytolog 200 MCG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Cytolog 200 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- The combination of Dinoprostone and Misoprostol is not safe because it increases the risk of vaginal bleeding.
- Magnesium-containing antacids and Misoprostol: when these medications are combined, the risk of medicine-induced diarrhoea is very significant. Before using Misoprostol, tell your doctor if you're taking any antacids....
Interactions with food items
- While using Cytolog tablets, avoid consuming grapefruit juice because it may increase the risk of its side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I expect after finishing my Cytolog tablet course?
Q: Is it okay to use Cytolog tablet if you have liver disease?
Q: Can Cytolog tablet influence my chances of becoming pregnant in the future?
- Cytotec ® misoprostol tablets WARNINGS CYTOTEC (MISOPROSTOL) ADMINISTRATION TO WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT CAN CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS, ABORTION, OR PREMATURE BIRTH. Fda.gov. [cited 2023 Feb 10].
- DailyMed - MISOPROSTOL tablet [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2023 Feb 10].
- PubChem. Misoprostol [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2023 Feb 10].
- Cytotec 200mcg Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2023 Feb 10].