Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cyclopam tablet contains a combination of two medicines - Paracetamol and Dicyclomine. It is a pain-relieving and antispasmodic medicine. Cyclopam is used for relieving spasmodic pain associated with stones in the kidney or gallbladder, pain in the abdomen during or before menses and due to blockage or obstruction in the intestine. Cyclopam should not be used in children below 12 years of age. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine and do not take it if you have a liver disorder, ulcers or heart-related disorders.
Uses of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cyclopam Tablet is used for relieving spasmodic pain and cramps associated with renal colic (sharp pain due to a stone in the urinary tract), intestinal colic (cramp-like pain in the intestine), biliary colic (pain in the middle to the upper right area of the stomach) and painful menstruation.
Contraindications of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Dicyclomine or any other ingredients of Cyclopam tablet.
- If you are taking any other medicine that contains Paracetamol or Dicyclomine.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any heart-related problem or bleeding disorder.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, obstruction in urethra or ureter.
- If you have an eye disorder called glaucoma or you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a muscle-related disorder called myasthenia gravis.
- This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Cyclopam tablet during pregnancy?
Cyclopam tablet can be used during pregnancy if the benefit outweighs the potential risk to the unborn baby. It should be used under a doctor's supervision in a pregnant woman.
Can I take Cyclopam tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Cyclopam tablet passes into human milk and could be harmful. Hence, this medicine should not be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cyclopam tablet?
Cyclopam tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cyclopam tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Cyclopam tablet on alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart diseases or high blood pressure.
- You have muscle weakness or glaucoma.
- You have problems with your intestines, liver or kidney.
- You have fever as you need to be cautious while consuming this medicine.
- You have prostate disorder or enlagred prostate gland.
- You have indigestion or heartburn due to hiatus hernia.
- You are allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs used to treat pain.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
- Cyclopam tablet should be used with caution in older people as they may be more sensitive to the side effects.
Mode of Action of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cyclopam tablet acts via combined action of Paracetamol and Dicyclomine.
- Paracetamol works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory medicator which is implicated in conditions of pain, swelling and inflammatory responses.read less
- Dicyclomine acts via two mechanisms. It is an antispasmodic agent which acts on smooth muscles of uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain. It relaxes the muscles and improves the cramps and spasm.read less
Directions for Use of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cyclopam tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Cyclopam tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Concurrent use of the Cyclopam tablet along with medicines to treat glaucoma like Timolol, Bimatoprost, Latanoprost and medicine to reduce cholesterol like cholestyramine is not recommended.
- Concurrent use of this tablet along with blood thinners like Warfarin and with antivitamin K can increase the risk of bleeding. Thus, this medicine should be used with caution.
- You may experience increased side effects when taken along with medicines to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine, anti-allergy medicines like Phenothiazines, pain relief medicines like Meperidine.read less
- Other medicines like Metoclopramide and Domperidone, Chloramphenicol, Loperamide, Neostigmine, Digoxin, certain antacids should be used with caution along with Cyclopam tablets.
Storage and disposal of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Cyclopam tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Cyclopam Strip Of 10 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Cyclopam are headache, dizziness, nausea, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, dilated pupils and dry skin. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Excess of Cyclopam tablet can lead to serious liver damage.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Cyclopam tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cyclopam tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Cyclopam tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
Q: Can I take Cyclopam for stomach pain?
A: Stomach pain could occur due to various condition such as indigestion, infection and inflammatory conditions. You should not use Cyclopam for any condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can Cyclopam be taken empty stomach?
A: You should avoid taking this medicine in an empty stomach to avoid stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Cyclopam be taken for food poisoning?
A: No, Cyclopam is an anti-spasmodic medicine which is not effective in food poisoning. Food poisoning occurs due to the consumption of contaminated food usually by bacteria, virus or environmental toxins.
Q: Can Cyclopam be taken for period pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for relieving the cramps and pain during and before menses.
Q: Can Cyclopam be used for headache and toothache?
A: No, you should not use this medicine for headache or toothache as it may not be effective in such pains.
Q: Can I take Pantoprazole or Esomeprazole with Cyclopam?
A: It is usually safe and there is no direct interaction seen between these two medicines. Consult your doctor before taking these medicine concomitantly.
Q: Can Cyclopam tablet cause drowsiness?
A: You may feel sleepy or drowsy after taking the Cyclopam tablet.
Q: Can Cyclopam tablets be used for children?
A: Cyclopam tablet is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
- EMA. SmPC. Anadin Paracetamol. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Anadin Paracetamol. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Dicycloverine. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Dicycloverine. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- Sanofi. SmPC. Baralgan. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 28 Oct 2020 | 06:33 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved