By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Spasmonil tablet contains a combination of two medicines, Paracetamol and Dicyclomine. It is a pain-relieving and antispasmodic medicine. Spasmonil is used for relieving spasmodic pain associated with stones in the kidney or gallbladder, pain in the abdomen during or before menses and due to blockage or obstruction in the intestine. Spasmonil should not be used in children below 12 years of age. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine and do not take it if you have a liver disorder, ulcers or heart-related disorders.
Uses of Spasmonil Tablet
Spasmonil tablet is used for relieving spasmodic pain and cramps associated with renal colic, intestinal colic, biliary colic and painful menstruation.
Contraindications of Spasmonil Tablet
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Dicyclomine or any other ingredients of Spasmonil tablet.
- If you are taking any other medicine that contains Paracetamol or Dicyclomine.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any heart-related problem or bleeding disorder.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, obstruction in urethra or ureter.
- If you have an eye disorder called glaucoma or you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a muscle-related disorder called myasthenia gravis.
- This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Spasmonil Tablet
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Spasmonil Tablet
Can I take Spasmonil tablet during pregnancy?
Spasmonil tablet can be used during pregnancy if the benefit outweighs the potential risk to the foetus. It should be used under a doctor's supervision in a pregnant woman.
Can I take Spasmonil tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Spasmonil tablet passes into human milk and could be harmful. Hence, this medicine should not be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Spasmonil tablet?
Spasmonil tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Spasmonil tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Spasmonil tablet on alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart diseases or high blood pressure.
- You have muscle weakness or glaucoma.
- You have problems with your intestines, liver or kidney.
- You have fever as you need to be cautious while consuming this medicine.
- You have prostate disorder or enlagred prostate gland.
- You have indigestion or heartburn due to hiatus hernia.
- You are allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs used to treat pain.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
- This medicine should be used with caution in older people as they may be more sensitive to the side effects.
Mode of Action of Spasmonil Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Spasmonil tablet acts via combined action of Paracetamol and Dicyclomine.
- Paracetamol works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory medicator which is implicated in conditions of pain, swelling and inflammatory responses.read less
- Dicyclomine acts via two mechanisms. It is an antispasmodic agent which acts on smooth muscles of uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain. It relaxes the muscles and improves the cramps and spasm.read less
Directions for Use of Spasmonil Tablet
- Spasmonil tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Spasmonil Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Spasmonil tablets may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Concurrent use of Spasmonil tablets is not recommended along with medicines to treat glaucoma like Timolol, Bimatoprost, Latanoprost and medicine to reduce cholesterol like cholestyramine.
- Concurrent use along with blood thinners like Warfarin and with antivitamin K, can increase the risk of bleeding and thus you should be cautious.
- You may experience increased side effects along with medicines to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, anti-allergy medicines like Phenothiazines, pain relief medicines like Meperidine.
- Other medicines like Metoclopramide and Domperidone, Chloramphenicol, Loperamide, Neostigmine, Digoxin, certain antacids should be used cautiously with Spasmonil tablet.
Storage and disposal of Spasmonil Tablet
- Store Spasmonil tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Spasmonil Tablet
- Excess of this medicine can lead to serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose include headache, dizziness, nausea, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, dilated pupils and dry skin.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Spasmonil tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember, however, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Spasmonil tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
Q: Can I take Spasmonil for stomach pain?
A: The stomach pain could occur due to various condition such as indigestion, infection and inflammatory conditions. You should not use Spasmonil for any condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can Spasmonil be taken empty stomach?
A: You should avoid taking this medicine in an empty stomach to avoid stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Spasmonil be taken for food poisoning?
A: No, Spasmonil is an anti-spasmodic medicine which is not effective in food poisoning. Food poisoning occurs due to the consumption of contaminated food usually by bacteria, virus or environmental toxins.
Q: Can Spasmonil be taken for period pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for relieving the cramps and pain during and before menses.
Q: Can Spasmonil be used for headache and toothache?
A: No, you should not use this medicine for headache or toothache as it may not be effective in such pains.
Q: Can I take Pantoprazole or Esomeprazole with Spasmonil?
A: It is usually safe and there is no direct interaction seen between these two medicines. Consult your doctor before taking these medicine concomitantly.
Q: What are the side effects of Spasmonil tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, ingestion, sleepiness while on treatment with Spasmonil tablet.
- EMA. SmPC. Anadin Paracetamol. [Accessed on 03-Nov-2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Anadin Paracetamol. [Accessed on 03-Nov-2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Dicycloverine. [Accessed on 03-Nov-2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Dicycloverine. [Accessed on 03-Nov-2020] (online)
- Sanofi. SmPC. Baralgan. [Accessed on 03-Nov-2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 03 Nov 2020 | 12:59 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved