Criptin 2.5mg Tablet
Criptin 2.5 MG Description
Criptin Tablet is a prescription medicine that is used to treat female infertility, premenstrual syndrome, prolactin-dependent menstrual cycle disorders, hyperprolactinaemia in men (a condition of hi
gh levels of prolactin in men that can cause infertility, etc.). It contains bromocriptine as its active ingredient which belongs to dopamine agonists and prolactin inhibitors. Criptin Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting the treatment, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Uses||High level of prolactin, female infertility, mentrual disorders, acromegaly|
|Side effects||Headache, blocked nose, dizziness, nausea|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Uses of Criptin 2.5 MG
- High levels of prolactin
- Treating menstrual disorders (that occurs due to insufficient amount of prolactin)
- Female infertility
- Treating non-cancerous tumours in the brain called prolactinomas (reduces prolactin levels)
- Acromegaly (a hormonal disorder when the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone)
- Treating Parkinson’s Disease (increases dopamine levels)
Contraindications of Criptin 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to bromocriptine, any other medicine belongs to the same class of medicine or any other ingredient of Criptin Tablet.
- If you have a condition of high blood pressure.
- If you have a history of eclampsia, pre-eclampsia (a pregnancy complication characterized by high blood pressure).
- If you have or had a medical condition of any kind of heart disorder or brain-related disorder.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Criptin 2.5 MG
- Blocked nose
Precautions and Warnings of Criptin 2.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have recently delivered a baby, as Criptin Tablet might make you more prone to certain conditions such as high blood pressure, heart attack, fits, etc.
- You have liver disease, stomach ulcers or bleeding.
- You have or ever had a condition called fibrosis. Fibrosis causes thickening and stiffening of the heart, lungs and stomach which ultimately can affect the organs working properly.
- You recently had a miscarriage or an abortion.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have premenstrual problems or non-cancerous breast disease.
- You have Parkinson's disease.
- You have a non-cancerous tumour.
Mode of Action of Criptin 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Criptin 2.5 MG
- Criptin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Criptin 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Criptin Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or other medicines may affect how Criptin Tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are already taking certain medicines such as anti-emetic, anti-hypertensive medicines, antibiotics (such as erythromycin), anti-HIV medicines, medicines used to treat growth-related disorders or brain-related disorders, etc....
- Other medicines are antifungal medicines, ergometrine (used to stop blood loss after giving birth) and medicines to treat migraine.
Storage and disposal of Criptin 2.5 MG
- Store Criptin Tablet below 25°C in original packaging to protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check the expiration date before taking it and carefully dispose of the tablet if it's past the expiration date.