Cpz 25mg Tab
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cpz 25mg Tablets belong to a group of medicines that act on the brain and treat schizophrenia and behavioural problems in children. Cpz 25mg Tablet contains ‘Chlorpromazine’, an antipsychotic. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that causes disturbed or unusual thinking, hopelessness, and fluctuating emotions. Cpz 25mg Tablets must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription. The dosage and duration of the prescribed medicine may vary based on your age and condition. Side effects of Cpz 25mg Tablet may be minor to serious and include uncontrolled movements of the tongue, mouth, jaw, arms, and legs....
|You Save||₹0.56 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder.|
|Side effects||Restlessness, Agitation, Nervousness, Excessive salivation.|
Check more medicines with composition as Chlorpromazine(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Cpz 25 MG
- Management of Schizophrenia.
- Management of Psychotic disorders (not able to differentiate between reality and non-real).
- Management of Bipolar disorder (a mental disorder characterised by high and low moods).
Contraindications of Cpz 25 MG
If you are allergic to the medicine’s active ingredient or any other substances present in the medicine. If you have an abnormally lower count of white blood cells. If you have an eye problem like glaucoma. If you are pregnant. If you are a breastfeeding mother....
Side effects of Cpz 25 MG
- Unable to maintain body balance.
- Excessive salivation
- Uncontrollable muscle movements mainly of the jaw, tongue, legs, and arms.
Precautions and Warnings of Cpz 25 MG
Can I take Cpz Tablets during pregnancy?
No, taking Cpz tablets during pregnancy may cause harm to the developing baby. Studies have shown that taking Cpz tablets during the last trimester may cause sleeping, breathing, and muscular problems.
Can I take Cpz Tablets while breastfeeding?
No, taking Cpz tablets during breastfeeding may cause suckling problems in the baby as the medicine can pass into the breast milk.
Can I drive if I have taken Cpz Tablets?
Cpz tablets may cause sleepiness and lack of alertness, affecting your driving ability. Therefore, you must avoid these tablets while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cpz Tablets?
Consumption of alcohol may increase the risk of adverse effects and hence must not be consumed.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a family history of blood clots.
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- You have fits or seizures.
- You are suffering from the problem of high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from depression.
Mode of Action of Cpz 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Cpz Tablets belong to a group of medicines that act on the brain and changes the activity of natural chemicals in the brain.
Directions for Use of Cpz 25 MG
- Cpz Tablets must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Cpz Tablets can be taken with food.
- Make sure to swallow the Cpz Tablets as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Cpz Tablets must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
- Do not take this tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t stop taking this medication abruptly, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not consume if the package has been opened.
- Don’t exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Cpz 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines for indigestion and heartburn, such as antacids, makes the CPZ tablet ineffective.
- Medicines for diabetes metformin makes the medicine ineffective.
- Medicines for high blood pressure or prostate problems, such as doxazosin and terazosin, causes abnormal lowering of the blood pressure.
- Medicines for Parkinson’s disease, such as levodopa, increase the risk of abnormally low blood pressure.
- Medicines for fits or epilepsy such as carbamazepine or phenobarbital causes a reduction in their effectiveness.
- Medicines to manage sleep disturbances makes the sleep worse or have no effect.
- Medicines to manage depression may make the treatment of depression ineffective.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with the regular diet as food doesn’t influence the effect of Cpz.
Storage and disposal of Cpz 25 MG
Store at room temperature and away from moisture and light. Keep it at a place where it is out of sight and reach of the children. Dispose of in a way that the pets and children cannot access or consume it....
Dosage of Cpz 25 MG
- If you have accidentally taken more tablets than prescribed at one time, consult your doctor or visit the nearest emergency hospital. Symptoms of overdose of Cpz tablets include sleepiness, unconsciousness, restlessness, fever, dry mouth, and slowed movements of the body muscles....
Missed a Dose
If you have forgotten to take the medicine on time, skip the dose missed and continue with the regular dose. Taking two doses at the same time may cause an overdose which can be fatal. Consult your doctor for more information....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Cpz tablets to children?
A: No. Cpz tablets must not be given to children below one year of age as the safety and efficacy of the medicine have not been studied.
Q: Should I stop taking Cpz tablets suddenly?
A: No. You should not stop taking the Cpz tablets suddenly on your own as the withdrawal effects may occur, which may affect your health and can be harmful. Nausea, vomiting and difficulty sleeping (insomnia), tremor (shaking), jerky body movements and the inability to control movements of the hands and body are some of the withdrawal effects of this medicine.
Q: What are some precautions that I can take while taking Cpz tablets?
A: The medicine contains lactose. If your doctor has advised you not to take any type of sugar, this tablet can cause allergy and hence you must consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.